Jan 13-His Heart is Established

srjames702
srjames702 Posts: 41 Member
His Heart is Established

"He will not be afraid of evil tidings; his heart is steadfast, trusting in the LORD. His heart is established; he will not be afraid..." Psalm 112:7, 8

One of the steps we take in the Daniel Fast is to determine a reason for our fast. Biblical characters fasted for very specific needs, whether it was seeking guidance from the Lord, going to battle, needing wisdom or inquiring of God for a special matter.

I hope you've declared at least one purpose for your fasting experience. I have a few, but the foremost goal is to become "established" in God and His word. The inspiration for this focus was reading Psalm 112. Bless yourself and take the time to read the Psalm as it outlines the "Blessed State of the Righteous Man." It was 112:8 that called to my spirit. "His heart was established, he will not be afraid . . . "

I want my heart to be established in the Lord so that I don't experience fear, doubt or worry.

The word "established" is "camak" in Hebrew. It means to lean upon, lay upon, rest upon, lean against, to support, uphold, sustain, to support or brace oneself, to refresh, and revive.

Those are all words I want to describe my relationship with my Lord and His Word. I want to be so deeply rooted in God that nothing will shake me. Just like the man who built his house on the rock of the Living Word . . . I want a life that is unshakable.

In Mark 11:23, Jesus teaches, "For assuredly, I say to you, whoever says to this mountain, 'Be removed and be cast into the sea,' and does not doubt in his heart, but believes that those things he says will be done, he will have whatever he says." To not doubt in one's heart requires that it be established in God and His Word. No doubt . . . no wavering . . . just unshakeable trust in the Lord.

James teaches us in James 1:7-8 - "For let not that man suppose that he will receive anything from the Lord; he is a double-minded man, unstable in all his ways." The writer of Hebrews instructs us to, "Let us hold fast the confession of our hope without wavering, for He who promised is faithful." Hebrews 10:23.

So how do we become grounded, rooted, unshakeable, stable and established? By surrounding ourselves with the Word and truth of God. We put our spirit in charge, our soul on alert, and our body into action reading, meditating, and soaking in God's Word. We memorize it. We declare it. We study it. We listen to it. We get so immersed in God's Word and His Way of doing things that the carnal nature weakens and the lies of the world are replaced with the perfect Law of liberty.

When a doubt comes into our mind we replace is with God's truth. If someone makes a negative comment, we replace it with God's truth. If we hear a negative report, we replace it with God's truth.
Is this radical behavior? Yes! And that's okay with me. I want to be established with Christ. When the enemy tries to knock me off course, I want the battle to be short and the victory long. If I face a challenge,

I want complete assurance of the positive outcome. I want to be confident because I know my Redeemer lives and He lives in me. I'm digging down to the deep soil, tapping into the rich nutrients and revelations of God's Word. The effort is all joy and I am totally convinced the rewards are abundant.

Be blessed,

Susan Gregory