Hi yall

Hi
I am posting this because I would love to hear some success stories of people who have had the bypass and though they have gained weight what they have done to take it off. I had my surgery 8 years ago.. I have since had a baby and then started menopause... i was lucky enough after the baby not to gain weight but since i started menopause.. YIKES is all i can say... need to really get back into shape.. need any friendly encouragement and suggestions.. feeling very lost and confused... I found this place and hope to make headway.. my goal is to lose short term 20 lbs... the long term is more than 50.... anyway. i am happy to have found yall and hope to enjoy the journey and share my successes and failures along the way....:flowerforyou:

Replies

• happpyhappyjoyjoy
    happpyhappyjoyjoy Posts: 44 Member
    Hi! I'm glad you found this group it's been very helpful to me. I had my RNY over 11 years ago and lost 124 pounds and about 6 years ago I put back on around 30 pounds. I have tried to lose it but I kept getting SO hungry every two hours. I would work out and I would lose a pound here and a pound there but no real success. A month ago I started following MFP's suggestion for me of 1200 calories a day and I cut out carbs such as bread ( I know now that bread was the problem all along- I love it!) and sweets. I had lost prior around 8 pounds and since I've been counting calories I have lost 14 pounds! I have around 8-10 more to go until I'm in a "healthy" BMI, Every time I eat anything I record it. I exercise every day ( or most) but I a hard time getting in all the water. I don't think I have ever done it. I plan my meals and I'm ready for that hunger that always hits. I now see that the bread was using up so much of my daily calories. Feel free to add me.
  • Hi there! Let me start by saying...keep your spirits up cuz you can do this!!!!! I also just came to this group today and found your post right away. I had my vertical banded gastroplasty 13 yrs ago. Took off over 150 lbs. I was at my heaviest almost 500 lbs...so I still had a lot of weight to take off, but I was mobile again, working, hiking and very happy with where I was. I had lost a little more weight a couple years ago taking me total weight loss to 189 lbs...but then I started having issues with endometrosis and estrogen dominance and just pain making any physical movement unbearable. I gained back 45 lbs while going from one doctor to another while they ran one test after another before determining I needed to have a hysterectomy and ooperectomy. I had the surgery in Nov and am now finally finding myself having to get back to fighting to get this weight back off...plus an additional 50 lbs. I struggle daily with it in so many ways. My body is not the same! I have a large pannis from after my initial weight loss 13 yrs ago...but after the hysterectomy I find it sits differently and is more damaging to my bad back than it ever was before. Even exercising is a problem now because of it. Going through menapause changes everything. I was hoping it would reverse my estrogen dominance and the weight would start to melt off....it didn't happen. I will not let it get the better of me!!! I am back to fighting to loose this extra weight I had gained back...plus get back on track to loose the rest I need to loose.
  • JAZ1968
    JAZ1968 Posts: 2
    Thank you for such a great reply! I am not on the computer much i mostly log into here with my phone but it is cool to see you being so dedicated to working out... i have a long way to go but i will do it.