Lent 2017

Options
ACSelkie
ACSelkie Posts: 46 Member
I know we are all just recouping from the Christmas holidays but Lent is a no that far off March 1 st.. I thought it would be a good time to start to get some ideas going on how we can combine our weight loss and spiritual journeys .. A good time to make new friends who would enjoy sharing the beauty of the Lenten and Easter seasons .. Thoughts ideas and friends welcome..

Replies

• ZelleLarentia
    ZelleLarentia Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    I intend to try some fasting this year, based on the traditional Catholic calendar (I can provide a link if you like), and use part of that time to do some internal examination of conscience. Not so much from a penitential point of view, but more of a "How can I grow myself while I shrink myself", if that makes sense. By eating only the food I need to right now, the less I have to buy. My flour and oil jars will always be full, so that I will never be hungry (I forget which gospel that is in, I think it's Mark). By taking only the food I know I will eat when we go to the food bank each week, there is more to share with others who can't afford to buy healthy foods, like produce. By sharing, we help others. By not being selfish, we help ourselves.

I'll have more to add, but my brain is drawing a blank right now, LOL. :-)
  • ACSelkie
    Options
    I would like to have that link...

• ZelleLarentia
    Options
    fisheaters.com/beingcatholic.html It's my go-to site for learning about how my grandparents lived a Catholic life. Also, traditio.com/cal.htm has the traditional liturgical calendar for the entire year.
  • ACSelkie
    Options
    thanks great site my new go to
  • ZelleLarentia
    Options
    Glad to help. There's so much there to discover, I'm still finding new stuff even after 8 years of using it.
  • ACSelkie
    Options
    LOL, that is an understatement...
  • ACSelkie
    edited March 2017
    Options
    t7fadso28hze.gif
    Wishing all a Blessed Lent...
  • ACSelkie
    Options
    Here we are at Palm Sunday. Traditionally a day we gather to reenact Jesus's triumphal yet humble entry into Jerusalem . This beautiful ceremony was today marred by hatred and intolerance . Prayers to our brothers and sisters in Egypt for their devastating loses..