What does 135lbs look like?

Options
I'm 5'10", small frame (5 3/4 wrist). Everyone is saying my goal weight of 135 is too low. I disagree. Does anyone have a picture with similar sizes?

Replies

• cat_lady77
    cat_lady77 Posts: 203 Member
    Options
    I think it depends. It does sound low to me, because I was about that size in middle school lol. I think I'm kind of average build & at 6'2" & 170 would probably be my lowest goal weight.
    If you search online, there are a bunch of calculators, but 135 at your height sounds like it's definitely on the low end, even on the BMI scale. Don't focus so much on weight, just get to a point where you are comfortable with your body! If you're doing weight training you could weight a lot more than 135 & still look healthy & fit.
  • shaunte92
    shaunte92 Posts: 127 Member
    Options
    No clue- and I'll probably never see it nor am I looking for it. I shooting for 145- my lowest to date is around 150. However, to put in perspective most models are around 5'10- 5-'11 and weigh around 120. So I'm guessing you'd be thin- but not crazy thin, since its about 15 pounds more than them and you have the same small frame. Everyone carries weight differently.
  • rachelr1116
    rachelr1116 Posts: 334 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'11" and was around 135 in high school. I was pretty thin and actually looked better when I put on about 5 lbs. I do have a larger frame than you though.
  • ginnybrock
    ginnybrock Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    I'm 6'1" and at my fittest I was in the 130's. Sitting on 141 now. It was pretty lean but I Don't think it's an unhealthy weight at all! I maintained a healthy body fat percentage and the rest was a bit of muscle. Definitely aiming to get back there!
  • Gainer018
    Gainer018 Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    Me! I'm 5'9 (.5) and 134lbs. Personally I don't like the way I look. My BMI says I'm healthy but I look so thin and constantly misjudged for having an eating disorder or not eating at all. My minimum weight gain goal is to be at least 154lbs (I've never reached it) but I know personally I will be much happier with myself if I had more weight on me. I'm new to this so don't know how to add a picture but, to be honest I wouldn't feel comfortable and I stopped taking pictures of myself because I dislike my body that much x
  • aWildFlowere
    aWildFlowere Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    at 6'2" and 135 I looked to bony but it was fine for runway and print modeling for the most part. Now I feel that looks horrible for my upper body.
  • AliciaNE
    AliciaNE Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'10 and was 135 lb for most of my life. When I was that weight I had lots of time to stay physically fit, I would go to the gym 5 to 7 days a week and ate a very lean healthy diet. Grains were pretty much something I only ate a few times a week, I avoided most alcoholic beverages and never ate desserts. And I mean never! I'm not one of those people who is naturally thin with their bone structure, and at this weight I had 15% body fat, a six pack and looked very lean.

The reason I share all this is because I think it's totally something that can be done, but it's going to depend on your natural shape, your age, and how much time you can dedicate to your Fitness.

Now I'm much older, have had surgery and children and this weight is something that I would never be able to achieve again. I ultimately think the question is dependent on the factors of your life but don't let anyone tell you you can't do something or it's not healthy because I was very healthy at this weight and felt amazing and fit.