How do I get my exercise from Fitbit to MFP?

Options
PryorInc
PryorInc Posts: 25 Member
I have connected my Fitbit (Surge) to MFP, I enter my food into MFP it syncs to Fitbit, but my exercise doesn't sync from Fitbit to MFP. What am I not doing?

Replies

• Dozer561
    Dozer561 Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    do you mean exercise log itself like you want MFP to auto-log example swimming 1hr? (i don't think the log transfers over.)

or do you mean calorie adjustments are not adjusting on MFP, from your exercise?.. make sure in MFP "steps" setting your fitbit is selected.. it may not be selected by default...

community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10484773/fitbit-still-not-syncing-to-mfp#latest
  • CoachBrafford
    CoachBrafford Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    Ok... you have to get on your computer... and tell mfp to grab everything from fitbit.
    It might already be there, mine was but didnt show on the phone.... computer only.
    Also go to fitbit amd authorize the mfp app... and vise versa. Also is your fitbit set to bluetooth classic? It needs to be. Should be in the settings.
    Hope that helps.
  • heybales
    heybales Posts: 18,842 Member
    Options
    I have connected my Fitbit (Surge) to MFP, I enter my food into MFP it syncs to Fitbit, but my exercise doesn't sync from Fitbit to MFP. What am I not doing?

Workouts do NOT sync from Fitbit to MFP.

Merely make a wall post about the workout on MFP - no need to log it as a workout with the minor comments that gives. That would end up going and replacing what Fitbit already saw as your workout, with potentially better calorie burn estimate (some stuff is not better, so should log on Fitbit manually).

The only thing that syncs from Fitbit to MFP of meaning is your step count, which is merely a stat for viewing on MFP, and your daily calorie burn as it increases through the day.

MFP then does an adjustment based on that daily burn and what it thought you would burn based on your selected activity level.

You could have no workouts and have big adjustment because of increased activity.
    You could have big workout and no adjustment because of increased laziness rest of the day.

Read the FAQ in the stickies about what is going on - section 2 if you really want to see the math involved.
  • abspencer1991
    abspencer1991 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Dozer561 Thank you, thank you for the insight into making sure my MFP "steps" are set to Fitbit. That was the piece I was missing for my exercise/calorie info to sync from Fitbit to MFP. You had the key I needed to end my hours of trying to fix this. Thank you!