Introductions

Options
RangerRickL
RangerRickL Posts: 8,469 Member
Welcome UAC-February Members!

Some of you have been with this challenge for months and some are brand new. I can tell you that it is one of the hardest challenges to stay with throughout the entire month. FOCUS, FOCUS, FOCUS!! Log every BLT (Bite, Lick, Taste). Stay strong and true to yourself....YOU WILL SUCCEED!!

Please feel free to share as much information as you feel comfortable sharing about yourself with the rest of the group. I look forward to getting to know all of you a little better. GOOD LUCK!

Replies

• JeffGoodsill
    JeffGoodsill Posts: 6 Member
    edited January 2017
    Options
    Hello fabulous February group. My goal is 6 pounds this month. That will take me to 215.5 which will leave me 16.5 pounds to go after that. I need this to the help avoid a possible heart surgery. So you could say this is life or death. A very small % chance but still my kids, wife and I would all like to see me avoid the knife.

We have a walking desk at work so it is easier to get my 30 minutes in per day. Good luck everyone.
  • hkaccompanist
    hkaccompanist Posts: 100 Member
    Options
    @RangerRickL Thanks again for hosting another one! I had a great time being in your January group, not to mention I've lost 10lbs since Jan 4 :smile: Just got my friend @ginainfinite to join too, can't wait to continue this journey with y'all!

@JeffGoodsill you can do it!!! We're here cheering for you working hard for yourself and your family!
  • pears734
    pears734 Posts: 496 Member
    Options
    Hey, all!

My name is Kelsea, and I am 25 years old. This is my fourth UAC. I have yet to make it to the winners' circle, but I continue to try, and the group continues to support me and encourage me to reach my goals.

My goals this month are to lose 4lbs, dedicate at least two days a week to solely cardio (I'm addicted to weight training, but I need to give my body a rest), and make the winners' circle of course :)

As always, feel welcome to friend request me for some additional support!
  • hkaccompanist
    hkaccompanist Posts: 100 Member
    Options
    @pears734 Hi, Kelsea, nice to meet you! This will be my second UAC and hopefully You and I will make it to the winner's circle this time! :smile:
  • Chatiann
    Chatiann Posts: 13 Member
    edited January 2017
    Options
    Hi everyone! This is my first challenge, I have been using myfitnesspal for over a year and was losing weight at first but now I find myself at a plateau, so I am ready for the challenge, meeting everyone and being held "accountable" lol.
  • pwrfl1
    pwrfl1 Posts: 673 Member
    Options
    Hi! This will be my first round of this type of challenge. While I have no problem tracking daily, staying within the calorie allotment and working out will be my challenge. I've lost quite a bit of weight and now my focus is gaining strength, fitness, and getting lean. My goal is to lose a couple of pants sizes by May, so this challenge will be a great way to stay motivated. Here's to fat loss and firm muscles !
  • phoebelayla
    phoebelayla Posts: 1,180 Member
    Options
    Hello! I am 48, married, working mother of two teen boys. I have done the UAC several times but no winners circle for a while. I keep coming back though, because you can't beat the motivation..... and I am gonna make it in February!! I have lost over 4 pounds so far in January, and my goal will be to lose at least 4 in Feb and be getting close to my goal. I love to work out but tend to go off the rails with eating too much, so accountability is key!
  • rachellegere
    rachellegere Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Hello All! I am a middle aged mom & wife learning to live with FibroMyalgia. I have lost just over 30 lbs in the last 6 months by cutting out sugar & starch. Recently I have stalled and need to re-focus, be more intentional with planning, tracking and especially with exercise. Really excited about this challenge. Any tips from others who have been successful would be very welcomed!! Good luck everyone... let's fill that winners circle!!!!
  • GoCleanGoLean
    GoCleanGoLean Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    Hello! This is my first time trying this sort of challenge. My biggest problem when it comes to losing weight is simply giving up and quitting. My goal is to weigh 155 pounds at the end of February. And to pass every day, of course.

• fitqueenbess
    fitqueenbess Posts: 372 Member
    Options
    Welcome all! We have a great group and the best leader! Embrace these simple rules and and stay in the challenge. It will hone your awareness, challenge your mindless eating and improve your habits. See you all soon!
  • EmilyCowlard2016
    EmilyCowlard2016 Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    Hi Everyone, I'm back for my 3rd challenge after taking January off. I gained a couple pounds on my January vacation, but I'm motivated to keep on track with my fitness and diet since summer is just around the corner. My ultimate goal is to loose another 10 - 15 lbs before summer if possible. I lost 16 pounds in the fall, so I'm hoping that I will achieve similar results for the spring, and maybe even make it to the winner's circle one day. Good luck everyone!
  • SheilaCali
    SheilaCali Posts: 737 Member
    Options
    Hello! This is my first time trying this sort of challenge. My biggest problem when it comes to losing weight is simply giving up and quitting. My goal is to weigh 155 pounds at the end of February. And to pass every day, of course.
    Hi everyone! I've been doing MFP for just over a month and am about to end my first 5 week challenge. I've lost a few pounds, but I've started exercising regularly- a win! I'm new to this type of challenge, but need the motivation to keep going. I'm a great starter too, but a lousy finisher. I've gained back my losses- 15 lost and gained just last year. Grrr! I want to be in the winner's circle with you all! :)

• donns
    donns Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone. I am just starting with MFP -- after a few sporadic attempts in the past. This challenge looks like just what I need to help me succeed.

Do you all use MFP to track your exercise? I work out with a personal trainer 3x a week and almost nothing that we do is in MFP -- even if I could keep track of it. I would like some generic category.
  • soda80
    soda80 Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone

Looking for some post-holiday accountability. Did well October-December 2016, then abandoned logging, weighing (food and myself) when we hit the beach for a month. My best friends this month will be my walk-obsessed border collie, my fitbit, and pre-cut and washed salad bags. ;)
  • MsMarlaJean
    MsMarlaJean Posts: 1,741 Member
    edited January 2017
    Options
    Hi There! I am back to try again, this will be my 3rd attempt, although I have managed for 30 days before, just not the days of one full month (it was the 30 days between last Thanksgiving to Christmas), so I KNOW, it is POSSIBLE! :triumph:

Because I have a history of making things harder than they need to be...I have a trip to Las Vegas coming up the weekend of the 10th AND I am crazy busy at work along with the fact that I recently let the stress of things get my immune system into a bind so I've been fighting colds, stomach flu and sinus issues for the past 2 weeks nothing like making an already tough challenge, more challenging. :tongue:

Time to get my head on right and JUST DO IT!

I'm 45 and live in S.E. Alaska with my Newlywed Hubby and our Fur Kids Gabby (Shi-Tzu), Tink (long haired Chihuahua) and Cha-Cha (black feline). I'll have been on MFP for 4 years in March, so I should be better at this stuff than I am, but tend to get in my own way or hold myself back by letting old bad habits reclaim my psyche...hopefully this challenge will help with that!

Besides, February is only 28 days, so I'm thinking this WILL be the month I make it to the Winner Circle! :wink:

Good luck everyone!
  • Shutterbuggg
    Shutterbuggg Posts: 196 Member
    Options
    Hello Everyone! My name is Julie and I live just north of Dallas, TX with my husband and my toddler. Both keep me on my toes, LOL. This is my 4th challenge. I made the winners circle for November and if I behave today, I will make it for January.
    This is a great group that really has kept me accountable. Knowing that I have the group to answer to for my goals is so motivating. This group has been super supportive and positive.

I have also entered into a weight loss challenge at work and it ends in early March. I am hoping that I can buckle down and win the $140!

Good luck to all of you! My tips for navigating harder days (days you know you will go out or have large meals) is to pre-log and plan your day. I also tend to look ahead for the month and plan for my pass days when I know I will need them. We can do this!
  • SheilaCali
    SheilaCali Posts: 737 Member
    Options
    There is definitely incentive when $$ is involved. I almost asked my neighbor (who wants to lose weight too) to do a financial challenge, but I chickened out. I like my neighbor, and didn't want something like that to get between our friendship. Good luck with the winning, and I hope we're both in the circle come Feb 1st! :)
  • RunningMom1038
    RunningMom1038 Posts: 144 Member
    Options
    Hello, all! My name is Tara. The username comes from my favorite form of exercise and the fact that I'm a mom! 4 kiddos, to be exact, and an awesome husband in my corner. I just joined the challenge in January and look forward to being standing at the end of this month!

I loved reading everyone's daily updates last month. It's nice getting to know others on a mission to get to a healthier version of themselves!
  • deejkush
    deejkush Posts: 116 Member
    Options
    Hi All, nice to be back. I have been struggling hard since November, but I am grateful to have a place to go to stay accountable.
  • Intrinsicat
    Intrinsicat Posts: 473 Member
    Options
    Hello - I'm back after a long hiatus which started with Halloween costumes and went downhill from there... but oddly, haven't gained any weight in those months... I attribute that to having found a great trainer at a gym last September. So I think these past few months have been a loss of muscle... Not good, so I may not lose anything this month, but looking forward to building up the muscle mass again so I don't start the inevitable weight gain if I continue doing absolutely nothing!

My gym started a 4-week weight loss kitty mid-January @SheilaCali - the pot is $150, but I just really didn't take the first two weeks seriously and I hear there is one woman in there three hours a day right now! Yikes, with that determination I hope she's the winner!

Anyway, the proud moment for me, even falling off the wagon, I managed to stay in the Overweight zone (BMI 29 now) versus the Obese zone, which meant in December I qualified for the full health insurance Blue Rewards bonus (I only qualified for half the reward last year because of weight). This is like a visa card they give you every year to put toward deductibles and other health-related costs during the plan year... There is a tier for doing the basics and then if your numbers qualify, you get the higher-end reward This meant my daughter's Ray Ban prescription sunglasses didn't cost me a dime! YAY!!!

On the flipside of that good news, my blood numbers also came back pre-diabetic in December :( Not surprising as it's very rampant in my family and I DO consume a LOT of straight sugar - some people have problems with chips and ice cream, my bane is candy, candy candy!! So I'm cutting that out entirely to see what that does to the numbers in six months...

SOOOOO... I managed to attain the winner circle in September, and I'm here to try again this month. Only one big party this month -- a Robert Burns party, so I should only have one skip day if I'm disciplined enough!! Good luck everyone!! I promised I won't write a novel every time, but I'm making up for four months here :)