February 26 sign-in

Options
RangerRickL
RangerRickL Posts: 8,469 Member
Did I exercise for at least 20 minutes?
Did I stay within my calorie budget for the day?
Did I keep track of everything I ate and drank?

Replies

• RangerRickL
    Options
  • RangerRickL
    Options
    I recommend the book, The One Thing, by Gary Keller. The subtitle is 'the surprisingly simple truth behind amazing results."
    In the book, he states that 'willpower is an dissipating asset." We have much more of it when the day begins. We have much less of it after stress and when we are tired at the end of the day.
    I personally find that information very freeing. Too often, we waste time beating ourselves up and engaging in self-loathing, because we did not have enough will power.
    The UAC is not about willpower. It's about being thoughtful by tracking your intake and your exercise. It's about doing that long enough that you create new healthy habits.
    Rick
  • SweetPeasMom55
    SweetPeasMom55 Posts: 3,385 Member
    Options
    So I had a good day yesterday I found shoes I asked a lady what she thought and she goes hold on let me get my son. I was like doing the hmmmm.... ok turns out he is a podiatrist. LOL :D Life is sometimes just so funny.

Well my new dvd arrived with my favorite 3 mile walk on it. Every time I go to do it on you tube I lose internet or I lose that video. So time to own it. Have a great day everyone.

• fitqueenbess
    fitqueenbess Posts: 372 Member
    Options
    Good topic, @RangerRickL! I will try to find the book at the library. My willpower did not kick in last night! (Hey, sorry about your ordeal yesterday. We count on our cars without a thought, but one little problem can wreck havoc!)

It's a reset day for me. I'm having my oatmeal, making an eating and exercise plan, trying to squeeze in a few office hours and some laundry/closet organization, (a real weakness). It helps me to pre-track my eating and schedule my exercise. It's like a daily budget. Plus, I get so much more done just by planning! It's a big stretch for my type-b personality, but it's working. I just make adjustments along the way for the inevitable changes in plans.

I hope everybody has a great day. I'm off for a chilly hike before the second church service.
  • pwrfl1
    pwrfl1 Posts: 673 Member
    Options
    E-yes DVD and walk
    T- yes
    C- yes
  • pears734
    pears734 Posts: 496 Member
    Options
    Exercise? Yes; 38 minutes of strength training and a 20 minute run
    Calories? Yes
    Tracking? Yes
  • RangerRickL
    Options
    Hi Everyone, I'm near Pittsburgh, PA. I am well rested and settled into my hotel room.
    Exercise today was 40 minutes of walking at 3.5 mph
    Calories: good even though I traveled
    Tracking: ok
  • fitqueenbess
    fitqueenbess Posts: 372 Member
    Options
    FEBRUARY 26 - I had a good day, got some things done and no cookies!

Exercise - Yes - 75 minute morning hike
    Tracking - Yes
    Calories - Yes
  • tinacuso
    tinacuso Posts: 4,256 Member
    Options
    Exercise - Yes - 60 walk on the Cliff Walk in Newport....beautiful
    Tracking - Yes
    Calories - Yes

@RangerRickL - Thanks for the book suggestion. I would recommend the Power of Habit by Charles Duhigg. I working on making this a habit....
  • NameItNClaimIt
    NameItNClaimIt Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    February 25
    Did I exercise for at least 20 minutes? Yes
    Did I stay within my calorie budget for the day? Yes
    Did I keep track of everything I ate and drank? Yes

February 26
    Did I exercise for at least 20 minutes? Yes
    Did I stay within my calorie budget for the day? Yes
    Did I keep track of everything I ate and drank? Yes
  • lamlamsmakeover
    lamlamsmakeover Posts: 6,574 Member
    Options
    just signed up for the March challenge!
  • hkaccompanist
    hkaccompanist Posts: 100 Member
    Options
    Hello folks,
    Fell off the wagon for couple weeks (Feb 12 lost 15 lbs in total and now gained 3 lbs back, as I did not follow through healthy habits) I thought I would be "back" sooner, but for various reasons I was not. Plan to start fresh tomorrow :smile:
    My goal: 3 Yeses to next two days and the whole month of March!
    Miss y'all!
  • SheilaCali
    SheilaCali Posts: 737 Member
    Options
    Exercise: 30 min blogilates (pilates)
    Calories: below limits
    Tracking: yes, all 4 coffees!
  • lovesretirement
    lovesretirement Posts: 2,661 Member
    Options
    Exercise? Yes active rest day
    Tracking? Yes
    Within calories? Yes
  • Shutterbuggg
    Shutterbuggg Posts: 196 Member
    edited February 2017
    Options
    Exercise? Yes I played soccer
    Calories/Tracking, yes, I tracked it all and didnt eat back my exercise cal for the day. Trying to make up for yesterday :wink: