USAPL RAW Nationals Saturday 7/20 - Live Stream

Options
jstout365
jstout365 Posts: 1,686 Member
Just thought I would post this for general interest. There is a USAPL competition going on this weekend and they have a live stream video that you can watch at:

http://www.usapowerlifting.com/

just scroll down to the USAPL News section and it should be the first video.

I'm going to meeting up with one of the competitors next week to talk about getting into PL on the competitive side. She will be lifting in the 72 kg class tomorrow morning starting at 9 AM EST. Her name is Christina Pollick.

I watched some of today's competition for two of the men's weight classes. Some impressive lifting going on.

Replies

• nexangelus
    nexangelus Posts: 2,081 Member
    Options
    Thanks for sharing this...I would be in the 72 kg class if I were lifting right now...I need to shift more fat though, first...
  • cleotherio
    cleotherio Posts: 712 Member
    Options
    Thanks for posting; I am watching right now! I'm having a bear of a time trying to calculate the weights they're doing. I had to look up what color bumper plate is what weight! It moves a lot faster than I thought it would. Those guys adjusting the bar and weights are fantastic.
  • jstout365
    jstout365 Posts: 1,686 Member
    Options
    Yeah, I can't tell what they are lifting unless the announcer says it. I think the blues equal around 143 lbs. They do move much faster than I had thought, but when you have a lot of lifters to get through.
  • nexangelus
    nexangelus Posts: 2,081 Member
    Options
    MonsterToBe (sorry I do not know her real name, ugh) is competing today...hooray for the heavy lifters...and in this heat and those suits...hats off to them big time!