Ways to increase progesterone

Options
stacicali
stacicali Posts: 137 Member
I know a lot of us struggle with low progesterone/estrogen dominance. It's difficult to treat, especially if you opt not to supplement with progesterone. Here's some great information with cited studies that may help:

https://sites.google.com/site/miscarriageresearch/hormones-and-miscarriage/progesterone-research/how-to-increase-progesterone

Replies

• KnitOrMiss
    KnitOrMiss Posts: 10,104 Member
    Options
    Interesting. I know there is one I cannot do... taking L-Arginine... But that also creates an insulin response. Interesting article around somewhere yesterday about the insulin response of different protein types...this was in the top 5 of highest response... But my reasons are different - disease preventing reasons...

But could be interesting. I finally swallowed my pride and asked my endocrinologist to put me back on Metformin... Crying and dying, because I don't want it, but accepting it because right now I seem to need it... I'll accept that for now...but I'll keep fighting back, too...
  • fit_finesse92
    fit_finesse92 Posts: 478 Member
    Options
    Thank you for posting. I always thought progesterone was most important when trying to get pregnant/keeping the pregnancy but now that I have read the article I see how important progesterone is. Looks like I'll be ditching the coffee and eating more of the foods listed. I had no idea low progesterone causes the other issues mentioned.