Today Struggle

Options
awade218
awade218 Posts: 9 Member
Took the kiddo to Chucky Cheese's. I ended up eating 4 pizza slices. During every bit I knew I would have to workout to make up for the calorie count. The nutrients I knew were down the toilet. I came home, put the little one to sleep, did a 44 min Spartacus workout (struggled more then did) but still roughly 630-730 burned. Ankles hurt, knees hurt, but I pushed through !! Ended up being a good day.. funny thing was my 3 year old trying to mimic me.

Replies

• BettJo64
    BettJo64 Posts: 760 Member
    Options
    I'm always having a struggle of some sort :/ I stand here today weighing 355lbs and fighting with AFIB, high blood pressure, high cholesterol, and absolute limitations and pains due to my super size. Now tomorrow I just might weigh even more...due to side effects from my heart medications that are out of my control. It's unbelievably frustrating, defeating, and depressing for me. So my struggle not only lies with me physically, but also mentally and emotionally. It's hard to stay positive and motivated when no matter how good I eat or how much I may exercise, that scale is still steadily moving up. No help from the doctors who only care at this moment about getting my heart rate under control before the worst happens. Heart first, weight second. That's what they say to me at each visit. Meds have changed 5 times in the last 1 1/2 years, but each one has a side effect of "big weight gain". Just something they say I have to deal with since I'm so susceptible to that side effect. UGHHHHH!!! I had just worked so hard from July 2014 to Oct 2015 to lose 120lbs, and then I was diagnosed AFIB and the medications started. Since then I've regained nearly all of that back. Back to morbidly obese and all those aches when struggling to move. But this time around I'm suffering from a racing heart and a constant feeling of breathlessness with the knowledge that I may be fighting a losing battle against these medications and their power over my scale!! In need of prayers and friends who understand me, maybe can commiserate with me or relate to my issues, and most of all are open to supporting one another along this wild and beastly road to getting healthier.