MFP status for calories burnt

Options
ashbee03
ashbee03 Posts: 270 Member
Hey,
I keep seeing all my friends post & get notifications to congratulate other friends on their calorie burns. I use my Fitbit and after a workout in workout mode it doesn't post a status like that. Is there a way to do that without manually logging a workout in MFP?
If I do manually log in MFP to do a status like that, will that be doubling up on calories burnt?
I'm confused.
Thanks in advance!

Replies

• malibu927
    malibu927 Posts: 17,565 Member
    Options
    MFP can't tell that you exercised via your Fitbit. It only sees your total calories burned. You have two options in this case:

1. log your exercise in MFP...it will not double count your calories, as it will ask for the time you worked out
    2. stick with tracking exercise through Fitbit (which many prefer, as the calories burned tend to be more accurate) and write on your wall that you burned so many calories exercising
  • ashbee03
    ashbee03 Posts: 270 Member
    Options
    That's what I thought! Thank you. I think I'll just leave it. I know I worked out, and hopefully one day the 2 apps will be more integrated to do that.
  • heybales
    heybales Posts: 18,842 Member
    Options
    They likely will never be for that ability - they started the foundation wrong to make an easy change now.

A more interesting wall post about how you killed the workout and progress made doesn't even need calories.
    Which after all, if the only reason someone is doing the workout is for the calories - they are missing the point really, and likely a good workout along with it.