If you forget to wear your fitbit........

Options
2essie
2essie Posts: 2,863 Member
Does anyone know if fitbit estimates your steps if you forget to wear it and if so, does this apply to all fitbits or just certain ones?

Replies

• Christine_72
    Christine_72 Posts: 16,049 Member
    Options
    No it wont. It will still estimate your BMR, but you need to be wearing it for it to count any activity.

...And forgetting to wear your fitbit? :open_mouth: What is this you speak of? The only time my fitbit has left my body in the last 2 years is when I'm in the shower, other than that i wear it 24/7.
  • malibu927
    malibu927 Posts: 17,565 Member
    Options
    No it wont. It will still estimate your BMR, but you need to be wearing it for it to count any activity.

...And forgetting to wear your fitbit? :open_mouth: What is this you speak of? The only time my fitbit has left my body in the last 2 years is when I'm in the shower, other than that i wear it 24/7.

It's probably more prone to people who have a Zip or One when they forget to clip it on that morning
  • 2essie
    2essie Posts: 2,863 Member
    Options
    Haha no, it isn't me who forgot it. I have the Charge HR and like you @Christine_72 I wear it all the time. Someone was asking me because they forgot theirs and I thought I had read somewhere that it did an estimate.
  • heybales
    heybales Posts: 18,842 Member
    Options
    If you have your Fitbit settings to Personalized rather than Sedentary - Fitbit will give you a daily burn that is based on historical averages, weekend and weekday differences.

If your days are about the same - that can work great.

Still no steps - but calorie burn will be up there, rather than Fitbit reporting almost BMR level burn to MFP, and MFP giving you a big negative calorie adjustment you should not follow.