SL and weight loss/fat loss - a few questions

Options
2»

Replies

• motivatedsister
    motivatedsister Posts: 544 Member
    Options
    Twice a day only two days a week; pretty much 2 hours a day most days, either two consecutive hours at night or 1 hour at lunch followed by another hour after work.

So for example on the days I do SL, I do an hour of boxing in the evening. On the other days it's usually an hour of cardio plus BodyPump (I usually make it a point to go lighter now, than I would have when I wasn't doing SL to try and not overdo it). Maybe I should get rid of BodyPump to have truly a full rest day in terms of lifting. I eventually want to get rid of BodyPump as I felt like I had been going for awhile but never really getting stronger...hence why I started SL. It's a good workout, but I just didn't feel like I was progressing.

I'm open to suggestions! Maybe I should replace BodyPump with a short 30 minute c25K workout instead...more cardio.
  • amyinthetardis1231
    amyinthetardis1231 Posts: 571 Member
    Options
    It sounds like you may be overtraining, especially on a pretty modest amount of calories. Try taking some time off and see how that feels?
  • motivatedsister
    motivatedsister Posts: 544 Member
    Options
    Ok. Well I didn't do anything yesterday, and I will plan to skip BodyPump the rest of the week. I've got some stuff to do Saturday, so I might just do SL only and no additional cardio class.

Will see how it goes this week!