February 2017

Options
SweetPeasMom55
SweetPeasMom55 Posts: 3,385 Member
Well the weather here has definitely turned back to winter. Winter is rough I eat too much and I am tired all the time. This year I am fighting more colds and illness than before. Granted money is the dirtiest thing ever and some of the people who come in are so darn sick. Really it was that important that you had to come in and spread your germs. It's bad enough your stuff is covered in germs just go through the drive thru and stop coughing all over me. ;)

So I am trying to decide when I rotate my clothes for the different seasons. I guess the bank is truly one temperature all the time so it's kind of like just doing it to look like a different season.

The bank posted another position and my mom is like OOOh try out for that. Really? I like what I am doing and I still haven't learned it all and you want me to just go and apply for something else? Plus I have clothes for my dept. and the dept. I would be going into is less dressed up which would be fine but if I wear the clothes I have it would be like I am dressing above everyone and it wouldn't fly and I'm not buying any more clothes.

So that's my life right now hope everyone is doing well. Sue

Replies

• SweetPeasMom55
    Options
    Today was freeze my *kitten* off and go see the veggie man. The prices are great but right now my butts as cold as a frozen turkey. I hope this will tide mom over for a few weeks. I won't mind going in spring and summer just right now is brutal.

Time to get some chores done and warm up. :)
  • SweetPeasMom55
    Options
    Well my weight was spot on for a week now it has creeped up again. Not exactly more like a jump or spike. Whatever I will keep an eye on it.
  • NewOR2015
    NewOR2015 Posts: 1,018 Member
    edited February 2017
    Options
    I missed the new thread again. I was still checking in for January.

The weather has been nice lately, and I've been getting my walking done with no problems. Still too many sweets in my life though. Gotta try to resist. Just a few months before summer rolls around again.

@2020pinktogo If you like your job, I agree...definitely stay for now.
  • SweetPeasMom55
    Options
    Definitely like the job. I talked to a woman who just retired and she said to find a nitch where I am happy and focus on the big picture. Is it a position I can do for 20 years? My mom is like you could do that! Sure I could but for how long and do I want to?

I have been eating a decent amount of goodies myself. But cold and miserable here I can't wait for spring.
  • NewOR2015
    Options
    I'm here, but I have nothing new to say.
    I hope everyone is doing fine.
  • SweetPeasMom55
    Options
    I think it's just that time of year where it' s cold and not much is going on.
    Yesterday a 73 year old guy told my boss Pat that he has sex 3 x's a week she goes good to know. When he left we all laughed and she goes I couldn't remember the line sue uses. My line is always Thanks for sharing. LOL
  • NewOR2015
    Options
    That's hilarious!
  • SweetPeasMom55
    Options
    My weight has gone up 145.5 but I have been binging on cookies. Like everyday. I have fruit packed and I will see the platter of cookies at work and think I'll have a cookie. I just need to stop.
  • 1skholloway
    1skholloway Posts: 341 Member
    Options
    Hi y'all, sorry I have been MIA. I guess life just got busy and there wasn't much to post. I am doing ok. I went out of state for a few days to help an aunt unpack after a move and I ended up with a cold and upper respiratory infection that have been hard to shake. I am rocking and rolling again though.

I had been eating 1200-1400 calories/day and working out unless I was sick and not really losing weight so I decided it's time to officially declare I'm at maintenance. I have increased my caloric intake to 1600 calories/day and am seeing how that works for me. I am happy with my weight. I weigh about 143 pounds usually and I'm 5'6" tall. I carry my weight well and people usually think I weigh less than I do. I still have that stubborn belly fat that people tell me I will probably never lose but I still have hopes of losing. I can tell that working out does help to reduce it. I recently wore a jacket and was able to button it and couldn't button it a few months ago. Whoop! Whoop!

I am allowing myself one small piece of chocolate candy after lunch each day, something like a truffle or Hershey Kiss. Yesterday, I was tempted to eat more so I took the candy to a co-worker's office. I still wanted to eat more than I normally allow last night. I had had a really good work out so I ate it an extra serving of my chocolate peanut butter oatmeal. It was a treat.

When I look at my body I see the layer of fat and think I am fat. I suppose I have unrealistic body dissatisfaction but having been fat all my life I don't know how to not think of myself as fat. I think I should not have fat anywhere on my body now except my butt and breasts. The media does not help shape a person's idea of what a healthy body should look like. Thankfully, some models, celebrities, and others are now being honest and showing what their real bodies look like and showing they have body fat. Kudos to them!

So lately, on weekends I had been wearing jeggings mostly and size 14 jeans and I wanted a pair of jeans that fit but not skinny jeans, just a regular pair of jeans. Old Navy is convenient and affordable when they put jeans on sale and they have a sales associate that I really like. I had some coupons and was determined to buy a pair of jeans that fit. I thought I needed high rise jeans because of my muffin top. They sell a few kinds of high rise jeans but not many in my local store and not in a style that I like. It took 3 trips to the store to finally pair of jeans that fit that I liked. I kept running out of time. I started out trying on size 10 jeans because that was what I size Old Navy pants I wore to work. I ended up purchasing 3 pair of size 4 skinny pants for work and a pair of size 2 mid-rise regular style jeans. Oh my gosh!!!!! I was in shock! I was asking people if Old Navy sizes ran big. The jeans fit like skinny jeans because I have some muscles and fat on my legs but I like them. I secretly named myself "the fat girl in size 2 jeans." I went back this week and bought some boot cut jeans. The legs are wider but not to wide and more what I was looking for. I still like my jeggings but it's nice to have some jeans.

This experience was such an NSV! As much as I like shopping at Old Navy I get frustrated because they have so many different styles, I have to try everything on. I have blouses from there in sizes medium and large. I bought a dress from there that I love that's an XL. I could have worn a large but it showed my fat rolls on my stomach and I knew I wouldn't keep my stomach pulled in all the time. At the time I purchased the dress I didn't have any tummy control undergarments and didn't plan on buying any. I have since bought some. I like the look when I wear them but putting those things on and taking them off is a cardio workout! I guess it's the price I pay for vanity, huh?! :p

I took a vacation day. I have been on the go so much on the weekends lately. I need to get pinestraw off my roof and the rake it from the yard. I also need to mow my yard. I may have to purchase a new mower. I am looking for a new part-time job so I want to write some cover letters and get my resume ready to submit to places. I am praying my local gym hires me to work the front desk on weekends. I need to file my taxes. Of course, I need to clean house. I should take a week off!

I hope everyone is well! Oh my it looks like my post has more than made up for my lost time! I look forward to catching up with everyone! Happy Friday!
  • SweetPeasMom55
    Options
    As I have put on a few extra pounds and of course in my middle today I switched my outfit 3 times before I found one I thought was ok. outfit number one I thought made me look like the girls who are expecting except I am not expecting just bloated and carrying an extra 5er there. ;) outfit number 2 just doubted myself so I went a really safe route just to play it safe and to have some confidence in myself. I have the spanks but they are one size too large so they don't pull anything in they just make my clothes lay nice. I need to get new ones. LOL

Tomorrow they are calling for crappy weather and it's disturbing as I really wanted to go out and look for some shoes. All the stores are closing and that too is disturbing as I like to try shoes on and not just order them and wing it. I have this Sat and next at the branch as everyone is being moved around so I have no clue what my schedule will be like. things are getting tense at work a bunch of the girls applied for a position and then one of the girls who was just hired got it. Let's just say it's like high school all over again. Granted these girls are in their 20's. LOL I am so glad I am just staying out of everything and just minding my own business.

I have done well with getting back into an exercise regime and I am letting the cookies alone. Which is hard as someone is always bringing something into work to share.

Well I am off to bed have a great night everyone glad to see your doing so well @1skholloway :)
  • 1skholloway
    Options
    @2020pinktogo I know how dedicated to your exercise and eating regime you have been in the past. I think adjusting to your new job has just thrown you off course. Knowing that about you, I think you WILL get back on track and get back to the weight at which you want to be. I know you certainly have it within you and can do it!

I know being around junk food and sweets at work all day is challenging! This week has been harder for me than usual to say no to the the sweets. Thankfully, my office is no longer by the break room at work. I find drinking flavored coffee a good alternative to eating sweets There are flavored artificial sweeteners and flavored creamers that can be put in coffee. I also use chocolate and almond flavorings that I purchase in the baking section of the grocery. Chewing sugar free gum also helps to satisfy cravings.

So sorry you are having to deal with drama at work! I so don't miss that stuff!

Things have been a little tense at my office this year but I just try to keep my head down, do my job, and keep my mouth shut. I don't eat lunch with co-workers or socialize with them much. A co-worker recently said to me she didn't think I liked people. I didn't deny it. What I wanted to say is I just don't like being around certain people. I do better when I have alone time at lunch. I guess from being single for 20 years, I am used to being alone and kind of like it.

I walked 11,000 steps by 1 pm yesterday and ended up walking over 16,000 steps for the day. In addition to cleaning off the roof, raked leaves and pine straw and carried them to the woods. I picked up limbs and carried them to the woods. I mowed part of the yard. I soaked in a muscle ache salt bath last night but I am still a little sore today. I find that a little surprising since I am in good physical condition and lift weights regularly. I guess I used muscles I don't usually work.

Ok, I gotta get busy and do something productive today. I have washed a load of laundry already but that's about it.

Happy Saturday friends!
  • SweetPeasMom55
    Options
    So yesterday was shoe day. I went searching for some shoes. I went to the mall and gave up I couldn't find anything that wasn't flat and or over 3 inch spikey heel. So I had a coupon for a consignment shop and went there and low and behold I got shoes. I hate spending a fortune only to find out they cramp my foot or what feels ok in the store after a few hours on your foot is horrible. I asked this lady what she thought and she goes hold on a second let me get my son. I was like Ok and then she goes he's a podiatrist he can help LOL my mom says only I can get help from a podiatrist buying used shoes. I go they look brand new my mom made the mom face. LOL The first thing he said to me was those are bad I go I know I wore them today as they matched my outfit but they are flat and I have plantar fasciitis so I need a slight heel or a good base. It had neither, he took 2 pair right out of my basket and said these are a no right off the bat. I was hey I don't even get to try them on. He's like nope I'm like ok. So I went with 2 of my choices and 2 of his. My hope is to get a few I love out of the bunch so I can order them on line as I have no choice. I really don't mind ordering on line but when it comes to shoes I like to try them on.
  • 1skholloway
    Options
    What a nice lady and doctor to help you like that! I'm glad you found some shoes you like.
  • 1skholloway
    Options
    Happy Mardi Gras! Laissez less bon temps rouler (let the good times roll)! I don't celebrate Mardi Gras but any excuse to drink King Cake flavored coffee is a good one!
  • NewOR2015
    Options
    Hi. I didn't realize so much time went by!
    @1skholloway Congrats on officially being on maintenance! That is awesome!!!
    @2020pinktogo Your own podiatrist to help with shoe shopping. Well, aren't you the special one!
    I had a rude awakening last weekend...high blood pressure. I'm 60 and have been avoiding taking any meds. Now this. If I don't get my BP down fast I'll have to start taking the meds whether I want to or not. At least, spring is coming. I do better with exercise and eat healthier when the weather is nicer.
  • SweetPeasMom55
    Options
    Today my sister goes for testing her blood work came back bad and they are checking her gallbladder and her liver. Bad gallbladders run in our family so the Dr hopes that's it but my sister has no pain. I told her I would donate part of my liver to her but she was like you are not our spare parts person. As I am her son's kidney match. I told my mom where I am working now it's right in our contract we can have off to donate an organ . I hope it's just the gallbladder but my brother in law has been on a wait list now for 4 years for kidneys I won't have my sister wait. You can only donate a liver once but I would do it.
  • 1skholloway
    Options
    I hope all goes well with your sister @2020pinktogo.

This morning I went to a funeral for a co-worker's father. I had gone to the visitation last night and was glad I went. The funeral was a different story. It hit me that he was my parents' age and that I will be attending funerals for my parents all too soon. My parents' are 76 and 78, active, and relatively healthy for their ages. My co-worker sang a song to honor her father. Oh my word!!! She knocked it out of the park she did so well! I cried silently during the first half of the service. Thankfully, the pastor who spoke the eulogy made some funny comments that drew laughter from the audience. Still, the funeral left me in a funk.

My first thought was I wanted some chocolate. That thought was very short lived. Thankfully, I don't turn to food for comfort like I used to. I had lunch plans and was looking forward to that right after the funeral and thought that was just what I needed. My lunch plans got postponed to another day. At that point, I just wanted a good workout or a nap or both. Seriously, as I drove back to work, I considered swinging by my house and taking a nap as was nearby. I decided that wouldn't be the best choice I could make under the circumstances. When I was in the car by myself and could really cry, the tears were pretty much gone. I did cry a little. I ended up going to lunch with someone else and that was good to lift my spirits.

I did allow myself an extra piece of chocolate. I still look forward to a good workout with the trainer at the gym tonight. It's cardio night. I want a good, leave me exhausted, can hardly walk out of the gym workout.

Well, this morning was one of life's uncomfortable reminders. I survived it. There will be more like them and they will get easier. Thankfully, I didn't fall totally apart or binge eat! I handled it ok, I was just totally surprised by my reaction. We are stronger than we think we are. I have been having several things show me that lately. I wonder if this is in preparation for something or just a confidence booster?

I hope you ladies experience success in some area of your lives today!