Too many calories?

Options
I starting seeing a new nutritionist closer to home 2 weeks ago, she is great! I have been maintaining a 125 - 130 lb. loss for a year. I would like to lose another 15-20 as I never met my personal goal. I have also found myself falling back into old habits and want to get that under control. She did some testing to find my BMR which is 1500 calories, she said I should be eating at LEAST that many calories a day and I was eating between 1000-1200. She said this is probably why I am not losing anymore. My former morbidly obese self is kind of freaking out at that number! Does anyone have any input?

Replies

• JamesAztec
    JamesAztec Posts: 524 Member
    Options
    I would agree with her. I eat about 2000-2500 calories and have stayed same weight for over a year. My BMI is "obese" but I'm more fit than most of my peers. Keep in mind, you may never lose that "last" 15lbs. If your other health measurables are good and your happy that's what's important. It's important to have goals but dont let that # on scale consume your life.
  • georgiegirlma72
    georgiegirlma72 Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    Thanks @aztec4Life, I appreciate the feedback! It's hard for me to do that, my brain hasn't quite caught up with my new self yet!
  • debhaley1
    debhaley1 Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    I starting seeing a new nutritionist closer to home 2 weeks ago, she is great! I have been maintaining a 125 - 130 lb. loss for a year. I would like to lose another 15-20 as I never met my personal goal. I have also found myself falling back into old habits and want to get that under control. She did some testing to find my BMR which is 1500 calories, she said I should be eating at LEAST that many calories a day and I was eating between 1000-1200. She said this is probably why I am not losing anymore. My former morbidly obese self is kind of freaking out at that number! Does anyone have any input?

OMG, I have the same thing happening right now. I am terrified of this high caloric number. She recommended I at least try it for 10 days before I freak myself out. lol So I am on complex carbs, protein and all healthy calories. I was sleeved 4/14/14 at 350 pounds so I am down around 130 off, but been stuck for around 8 months. I can only eat 3/4 cup of anything at any sitting so I am finding it difficult this morning to reach those high numbers. Today is #1 on the 10 days so.,.. I guess we shall see.