Stress in the 1st Trimester

Options
bananasd09
bananasd09 Posts: 57 Member
Hi Ladies,
I'm diane and due Sept 15, 2017! So excited!
I'm a manager at a great software company. I only have two people who report to me but one has really been taking advantage of PTO, tries to call in last minute while i'm on vacation and the group depends on him or I being there, no breaks, leaves early and in the last few months just a downer in the office.

I've been going through procedures with HR as far as trying to get him back on track but between you gals and me, I just want to boot him. I don't trust him. Especially if i'll be going on maternity the end of this year.
I dont' want to deal with the stress anymore... I feel like i'm dealing with a 20 year old but he's a 50 year old man!

I was going to wait to tell HR about my pregnancy until the 12 week mark but i'm carrying a lot of stress on my shoulders and afraid it will affect me and the little nugget. My fiance wants me to tell HR.

Do you think I should let HR know i'm expecting and I can't deal with the stress right now?

Thank you and happy pregnancies!
:)

Replies

• VeryKatie
    VeryKatie Posts: 5,953 Member
    edited February 2017
    Options
    Hmmm... honestly.. since this has to do with a colleagues performance, you should probably leave the meeting with HR in scope/on topic. Your situation has no relevance to his performance if that makes sense.

That doesn't stop you from telling them you're pregnant in a separate instance and letting them make the call whether it's related. That's just me though... I could see the value of going either way.
  • 4legsRbetterthan2
    4legsRbetterthan2 Posts: 19,590 MFP Moderator
    Options
    VeryKatie wrote: »
    Hmmm... honestly.. since this has to do with a colleagues performance, you should probably leave the meeting with HR in scope/on topic. Your situation has no relevance to his performance if that makes sense.

Agree.

If you have things you need changed now that you are pregnant then you should bring it up to HR. Are you expected to work overtime but can't handle it right now, or certain work related tasks you cant safely perform while pregnant, then those are things to bring up at a separate meeting.

• bananasd09
    bananasd09 Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    Thank you ladies! I did let HR know but not related to my issue with my colleague.
    After a follow up meeting with HR, I then told them my good news and requested information on maternity leave.
    The good news is, my colleague has been following through with the expected daily routines and I haven't had to have any hard conversations with him lately. I hope it continues to get better.
    Thanks again!