Well fitbit may have won a customer for life :D

Options
Merkavar
Merkavar Posts: 3,082 Member
Really wasn't expecting that. Messaged fitbit customer service about my 2 year old surge, it has been loosing its charge very fast, like hours instead of days.

I was expecting to get some suggestions on settings to tweak or turn off to save battery life. Instead they checked my account, saw that my battery was messed up and are sending me a replacement.

Out of warranty and getting a replacement, don't normally get that from a company.

Also I guess it pays to complain, or ask for help.

Replies

• StaciMarie1974
    StaciMarie1974 Posts: 4,138 Member
    Options
    Congrats! I have had my Fitbit One for 3+ years and it is now having issues w/ charging. As in, I must fiddle with it to get it situated in the charger just right or it won't connect. Something that happens with many electronic items over time. I bought a Charge HR 2 this past weekend and so far, I'm happy.

While I have not had troubles with my One, we ended up getting Fitbits for the family.

Hubby: Got a One. His was somewhat loose in the holster. While working, the device must have fallen out as he arrived home and no One. Contacted Fitbit, and once we uploaded the receipt they sent a replacement. I don't know for sure there was no 'operator error' involved, its possible he did not put it in squarely. But its impossible to know.

Daughter: Got a Flex. After about 6 weeks it stopped holding a charge. Could leave it on the charger until it showed full, and it would be dead within 24 hours. Worked w/ tech support to try some trouble shooting, then also uploaded receipt and they replaced.

Never any issues w/ younger daughter's Zip or son's One.
  • Merkavar
    Merkavar Posts: 3,082 Member
    Options
    well it took over a month but i finally got my new fitbit in the mail today. hopefully this will mean i no longer have to charge it twice a day, everyday, to keep it above empty.