This Week the Trend--Week 4 Weigh-In

Options
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=syGZu3peUZw

Hello again!

This week the trend (on my end) was struggling with eating enough protein (1lb. per lb. of lean body mass) and being soooo tired all the time.

As for weight:

Last week: 230
This week: 233

I know I'm doing everything I should be--eating right and working HARD--so I'm not discouraged. I'll drop that weight sooner or later!

So how was your week, y'all?

Replies

• getsuyoubi
    getsuyoubi Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    I am struggling with staying under my caloric limits. Ended up eating what I burned and deciding for a change towards the 5-2 diet. Struggled with that one, too, because I got chocolate from home screaming to be eaten at my face....

Still I am happy very happy with my results: 137.1 lbs. I also walked and biked a total of 97 miles. All in all, the current weight is my lowest ever.
  • getsuyoubi
    Options
    This week the trend (on my end) was struggling with eating enough protein (1lb. per lb. of lean body mass) and being soooo tired all the time.

As for weight:

Last week: 230
    This week: 233

I know I'm doing everything I should be--eating right and working HARD--so I'm not discouraged. I'll drop that weight sooner or later!

I am glad to see that you are not easily discouraged. I also know your brother is helping you. But, except for hormonal reasons (which of course can hit females easily, and a hard to judge from the outside), there should be no reason to not lose at 230 lbs when doing everything right.

If you don't mind, do you want to make an extra discussion sharing more information on your eating and workout concept. For example, my worry is that you focus too much on eating a lot of protein that you might forget that protein gives energy (kcal) too. For myself, I also noticed that I have days when I crave fat which is normal for a female body to do (which your brother might not consider, don't know his training) and I also noticed that as long as I don't overdo it caloric wise (so protein and carb stay considerably lower), my body is very fine and I keep losing even though I ate f.e. 90g of fat.
  • getsuyoubi
    Options
    Edit: oh, and sleep, if you have little to no sleep, gaining while doing everything right is very natural too because the body cannot have rest phases and undergo certain hormonal daily cycles. (happened to me already I could see the weight raise parallel to my work load and as soon as I rested for a week with a lot of sleep, it fell off like nothing)
  • ReadynWillin
    ReadynWillin Posts: 104
    Options
    I'll tell you my routine specifics in a PM to keep this thread on topic for other users. Please give me an hour though. I got a little something going on at the moment ;)
  • AmeliaJ92
    AmeliaJ92 Posts: 586 Member
    Options
    I didn't do so well again this week. I kept indulging in junk food and gave up on tracking. I'll be better next week. So here are the numbers:

Weight: 185.4 (gain of 0.8)
    Waist1: 35
    Waist2: 38.5
    Arms: 13
    Hips: 43.5 (lost 2 inches!)
    Thigh: 24

Oh, and I just found out I have to have surgery 2 weeks from now and won't be able to exercise for 6-8 weeks. I guess I'd better get really good at eating healthy and not relying on being able to workout to get extra calories.
  • kellilitza7
    Options
    I struggled most this week with not feeling like anything was happening. Because of this I stepped on the scale a couple days early just to reassure myself. I lost 3.7 lbs!

Last week: 114.7
    This week: 111
  • lilcutemonkees
    lilcutemonkees Posts: 83 Member
    Options
    140lbs. keep overeating :(
  • gullagr
    gullagr Posts: 82 Member
    Options
    Things have been absolutely crazy for me over the last couple of weeks! I missed last weeks check in and have strayed off track since my parents and sister came to visit. Unfortunately, having them visit meant significantly more eating out and well as significantly less exercise. Went for a run on Saturday with my sister, and my inspiration, as well as again today so I am getting back on track where that's concerned.

Last weight in: 184.6 lbs (2 weeks ago)
    Current weight: 188.0 lbs

While I have unfortunately gained 3.4 lbs, I have made progress in my running endurance, having run my longest run thus far today! Next run I aim for 20 mins or approximately 2 miles! I still feel healthier than I was and I'm sure with continued commitment I can get the remaining pounds off as well as get my endurance up to the 6.2 mile mark for my race in just under 10 weeks :)
  • kellilitza7
    Options
    I struggled most this week with not feeling like anything was happening. Because of this I stepped on the scale a couple days early just to reassure myself. I lost 3.7 lbs!

Just realized my post was mistyped. I do that all the time!!

Last week: 214.7*
    This week: 211*
  • getsuyoubi
    Options

Just realized my post was mistyped. I do that all the time!!

Last week: 214.7*
    This week: 211*

Hahaha, I was contemplating asking you about your height ^___^ good job this week!
  • antxoable
    antxoable Posts: 86 Member
    Options
    After two weeks at home with my parents and friends, tapas and beer(im spanish), i can not believe i have just put on 3 pounds, i have been just once a week at the gym for 30 mins each time so im happy about that but now come back to reality and 11h work over the summer(nanny).
    Couple of weeks ago 140 pounds, now 143