Falling off the wagon

Options
I was doing fine until I moved back in with my mother to help care for her (she has Alzheimer's). She loves to cook and have sweets around all the time. She gets upset when I don't eat what she has cooked. I had lost 14 lbs in less than 2 months and now I'm putting some back on. I need help!

Replies

• nickpnh
    nickpnh Posts: 111 Member
    Options
    I've not been taking care of myself. My family has needed support. I regained all previous losses and need to focus on my health.
  • nickpnh
    nickpnh Posts: 111 Member
    Options
    I signed up for a step bet and have had no gluten today so far. Lunch was just a big hurdle.
  • bridgetduros
    bridgetduros Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I was doing fine until I moved back in with my mother to help care for her (she has Alzheimer's). She loves to cook and have sweets around all the time. She gets upset when I don't eat what she has cooked. I had lost 14 lbs in less than 2 months and now I'm putting some back on. I need help!

First of all congratulations on losing 14 lbs in two months ! That's amazing ! That's what we're here for !! It's hard when you have junk in the house! That's a tough situation when she wants you to eat what she cooks. I wish I knew what to suggest :( did you let her know that you're trying to lose weight? And then maybe she might understand and hopefully not take offence?
    Or maybe you could take into account what she is making and adjust what you're eating earlier.
  • happysherri
    happysherri Posts: 1,360 Member
    Options
    I hate to tell you to be dishonest to her but if it's to the point where you can't politely turn down the food - I'd make it look like I ate a lot of it. Also, can you exercise, get up and move. If you can't get away there are a ton of online videos you can do at home.
  • LJE1960
    LJE1960 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    After falling off the wagon again and again ... I need some motivation to adopt a healthy lifestyle. I have a 3 month goal. Let's do this!
  • LJE1960
    LJE1960 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Just checking back.....as I'm recommitting! LOL How is everyone doing?