Options
124»

Replies

• rfrieman
    rfrieman Posts: 94 Member
    Options
    Theo166 wrote: »
    rfrieman wrote: »
    I am looking for a new fitness tracker watch with a heart monitor. I recently had an episode where I passed out for no reason and had to go to the emergency room. They sent me to a cardiologist who has me wearing a heart monitor for 30 days. After the 30 days I still want to track my heart rate. Can anyone suggest the best fitness tracking watch with a heart monitor. Thanks guys and gals!
    Considering your situation you may want to go with one that uses a chest strap, they are much more accurate than ones that monitor via the wrist. I like my FitBit charge 2 but it's not highly accurate and doesn't give a detailed log of the whole day.

Get one that will give you a detailed log, not just during exercise. Polar is a good brand.

Thanks for the info Theo.
  • mebelfanti
    mebelfanti Posts: 326 Member
    edited May 2017
    Options
    rfrieman wrote: »
    I am looking for a new fitness tracker watch with a heart monitor. I recently had an episode where I passed out for no reason and had to go to the emergency room. They sent me to a cardiologist who has me wearing a heart monitor for 30 days. After the 30 days I still want to track my heart rate. Can anyone suggest the best fitness tracking watch with a heart monitor. Thanks guys and gals!

I use a Polar H7 when working out, it syncs with the Polar Beat app on your phone and stores your workouts/activities which might be good for your doctor. It's comfortable, easy to use, and the chest strap is machine washable. Definitely recommend!

https://smile.amazon.com/Polar-Bluetooth-Fitness-Tracker-XX-Large/dp/B00FZX9CW4/ref=sr_1_3?ie=UTF8&qid=1493753268&sr=8-3&keywords=polar+h7&th=1
  • bmeadows380
    bmeadows380 Posts: 2,981 Member
    Options
    congratulations, kimber - that's a huge win! And I'll take that into account - we're having pizza this Friday :smile:
  • jmolivia
    jmolivia Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    dawnz75 wrote: »
    I have 3 kids, so although I do have chips or snacks in the house, I generally only open my "trigger" foods if I am planning on serving the rest minus my 1 to 2 servings to them. I have not had ice cream in 4 months, LOL, just buy one half gallon, serving it to kids and hubbie and toss the rest. This may sound silly, but there is something powerful in saying, that was my "serving" of ice cream and I am choosing where it goes..(in the garbage). I have been looking at halo top and artic zero ice cream lately and think I will probably try one of them soon.

I love throwing away problem foods instead of eating them. I know it is wasteful, but "economy sizing" is part of how I got myself into this mess in the first place. Throwing food away has helped me avoid buying it the next time.
  • Nerdbear88
    Nerdbear88 Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    Get tested for OSA (obstructive sleep apnea) if you are severely overweight. I tried losing weight before and never was successful until I got back using my CPAP regularly and getting a good nights rest. I posted more about it on my blog. Lose a lot of weight is hard under the best of circumstances. But trying to do it if your body is exhausted and not getting the rest it needs is near impossible.