List one nice thing you did for yourself today or during the week

Options
Byronic_Ryu
Byronic_Ryu Posts: 176 Member
I thought this would be a good way to practice self care and love which I feel is very important in recovery. Please share all the wonderful things you did for yourself. Pictures are not necessary but it would be awesome to see what you have been up to.

Replies

• Byronic_Ryu
    Options
    Today I plan on having a bath with a bath bomb that looks like a honey comb. It has gold glitter and smells amazing.
  • Gamliela
    Gamliela Posts: 2,468 Member
    Options
    Went for a walk for no reason except just the joy of being out in the sunshine.
    Best wishes to everyone following this thread!
  • emdarling07
    emdarling07 Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    I like to light candles and put on my favorite music and take a long shower. Then if I'm feeling like I need an extra boost, I reach out to a friend
  • Byronic_Ryu
    Options
    Gamliela wrote: »
    Went for a walk for no reason except just the joy of being out in the sunshine.
    Best wishes to everyone following this thread!

The amount of sunlight I get makes a huge difference in my mood so I can see how a walk outside can be helpful.
  • Byronic_Ryu
    Options
    I like to light candles and put on my favorite music and take a long shower. Then if I'm feeling like I need an extra boost, I reach out to a friend

Someone suggested using candles when I take my bathes. Maybe I should go invest in one.
  • Byronic_Ryu
    Options
    I did a face mask today. It was made with some kind of mint and felt very refreshing. <3
  • Gamliela
    Options
    I allowed myself to stop worrying about how something would turn out and just let it be. I saw once that this was a good way to be kind to myself so I tried it again and it worked.
  • Gamliela
    Options

Interesting. I had heard of this with baths, but not showers.

Do you like insense? I like to light some nice smelling insense in a room sometimes it can chase dreariness right out of the house!

• mayafit405
    mayafit405 Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    Lit a candle, made myself a cup of tea and am now relaxing on my comfy bed ☺
  • hyIianprincess
    hyIianprincess Posts: 302 Member
    Options
    Bought myself a book I've been wanting. I find it so hard and pointless to spend money on myself when I feel I don't need it
  • Gamliela
    edited March 2017
    Options
    I know, it seems pointless, I'm seeing that in myself too. I had really no idea I was being so rigid until this thread was started.
    I sat down yesterday and today with a cup of nice hot tea and a hot water bottle my S.O. bought for me to fight off this cold weather we have. These things are a small start in a new direction for me.
    Still can't get over why its difficult. I must have some attachment to martyr complex? So wierd.

I'm lighting candles in th house too now Maya, thanks for a reminder of this. Its good especially on the dark mornings, its like a light of hope.

Edited to add about the candles.
  • Byronic_Ryu
    Options

Interesting. I had heard of this with baths, but not showers.

Do you like insense? I like to light some nice smelling insense in a room sometimes it can chase dreariness right out of the house!

Funny thing about incense and candles: love the smell but I can't lit a match or lighter to save my life because of my disabilities. Maybe I should put that as a personal goal to work on.
  • Byronic_Ryu
    Options
    Bought myself a book I've been wanting. I find it so hard and pointless to spend money on myself when I feel I don't need it

What is the title of the book? I recently got a used copy of Clive Barker's Book of Blood Vol. 1. I have difficulty reading in general because of cognition limitations but I have been able to finish a couple stories so that makes me happy. I hope you are enjoying your book.
  • Gamliela
    Options
    I sat on the edge of my bed and looked outside at the sunlight, it does so much for raising my level of peace and happiness.
  • spacepony
    spacepony Posts: 13 Member
    edited April 2017
    Options
    ED's been telling me i'm Too Fat for my favorite treat at starbucks for weeks now. i finally told it to go screw off & got my caramel macchiato on! and i refused to feel guilty, so i didn't! it was a rare, beautiful thing.
  • Gamliela
    Options
    I got my yoga space organized so I have the room to do yoga now and bought a blanket to use for the floor.
  • Byronic_Ryu
    Options
    I got my yoga space organized so I have the room to do yoga now and bought a blanket to use for the floor.

I am trying to go back to hot yoga, hopefully next month or in July. I use to do it regularly and it did wonders for my chronic pain symptoms.

I bought myself more berries since they are in season. I love strawberries, blueberries, and blackberries. Today, I made a blueberry lemon zest mug cake that was so delicious and thoroughly enjoyed it.
  • Gamliela
    Options
    I know what you mean about the fruits! I guess that right now all these colorful fruits are helping me to keep low calories but eating as much as I want!

Yoga is the best! That cake sounds fantastic.
  • hyIianprincess
    hyIianprincess Posts: 302 Member
    Options
    Been after hot chocolate for weeks now. I struggle with liquid calories bc I feel like they're wasted calories. Made me some today and even put some whip cream on top. :) Don't even feel guilty
  • sarahspractice
    sarahspractice Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    I bought a pretty new bright yellow nail polish and painted my nails (butter london, Pimms).