March 28 Sign-In

Options
RangerRickL
RangerRickL Posts: 8,469 Member
Did I exercise for at least 20 minutes?
Did I stay within my calorie budget for the day?
Did I keep track of everything I ate and drank?

Replies

• SweetPeasMom55
    SweetPeasMom55 Posts: 3,385 Member
    Options
    Well I got an early day at the branch. Let's just say things are different. I am guessing that they got into a heap load of trouble as things are being changed. Half the group is now in dress code lol the other half is holding firm. Oh well thank goodness they just accept me for who I am. Though after I wear skirts or dresses 3 times this week they may send me back lol.
  • SweetPeasMom55
    Options
    P.S. they should do one on how heavy your body is depending on your shoe. I don't know how these people wear high heels. The pain that shoots through my feet is horrible I know it shows on my face. One inch is as high as I go maybe 1 &1/2.
  • RangerRickL
    Options
    Dear @2020pinktogo I don't wear high heels either! I'm with you, Sue!
    I'm happy to sign in after finishing the best recovery workout since my calf injury. I must guard the calf, but stretch it carefully and walk carefully. It takes awhile for torn tissue to knit back together.
    Today: one full hour including Active Isolated Stretching; 20 minutes of treadmill at 4 mph; interspersed with 3 styles of pushups and some lat pulldowns.
    I feel better, but I'm going to stay careful as I work my way back.
    Have a great day!
  • am_change
    am_change Posts: 1,010 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the reminder Rick. I need to remind myself. I try to do yoga and Pilates to help my posture and core strength as I'm prone to getting a bad back. Must find time tomorrow.

Lucky Rose and what an amazing present. Embarrassingly, I'm struggling to remember what I gave my mum for her 70th last year?!

Ha, I'm with you on heels Sue. Mostly. I've been wearing a pair of ankle boots all winter with a 2-3 in heel but they're as comfy as trainers (sneakers?) I promise! Interestingly, physio friend says that a slight heel is better for us than completely flat shoes.

Today was my second day of a two day training course. I'm tired out. It involved muh more sitting around than I'm used to so even though I went for a late afternoon walk I didn't hit my usual amount of steps.

Exercise: yes
    Tracking: no again.
    Calories: probably not.

Will log everything tomorrow!

Have a great day everyone!
  • SweetPeasMom55
    Options
    Today was a birthday at the branch. Ok let's just say they go a wee bit over the top on birthdays. There was signage there was goodies and there was presents. Ok it is way over the top. I don't know how they get away with it all. I am really glad this is not my home base. ;)

@am_change I have heard the thing about wearing a slight heel. I think my biggest issue is finding shoes I truly love that I can wear all day that look nice too. I have shoes that are very comfortable but are truly ugly. I have pretty shoes but not very comfortable. When you wear loafers with a skirt it reminds me of Miss Jane on the Beverley hillbillies I just can't be Miss Jane I'd rather be granny. Lol
    I figured I would put it in a way you would understand Rick. Lol :D
  • lovesretirement
    lovesretirement Posts: 2,661 Member
    Options
    @RangerRickL...glad you are on the mend!

Exercise? Yes 25 minute dog walk
    Tracking? Yes
    Within calories? Yes
  • fightingthetideofaging
    Options
    Did I exercise for at least 20 minutes? Yes, tired today, so just a nice easy, 30 minute walk.
    Did I stay within my calorie budget for the day? Yes
    Did I keep track of everything I ate and drank? Yes

I have really big, muscular calves, so when we do calf raises, etc. in Barre class, I normally do them fairly easily. I'm normally the only guy in our Barre classes. Sometimes one of the ladies will comment on my form and how easy I make it look. ( I've done Barre for years ). I just say it's due to wearing my sparkling, ruby- red, high heels all the time. Oh, those ladies spoil me so, love them!!!
  • fitqueenbess
    fitqueenbess Posts: 372 Member
    edited March 2017
    Options
    @fightingthetideofaging , Way to go! I love that you go to barre class.

I've been pretty iffy lately on my tracking and calories - a lot of eating out and guesstimation.
    I'm going to try a have a recovery day tomorrow. All my stuff is laid out, food is made and ready to pop into the time-bake oven for dinner. I need a solid day where I'm sure I'm on track. Sometimes it just takes one good day to get back on the wagon.

Today:
    - Exercise - 47 minute morning swim, afternoon parking lot stroll
    - Tracking - good till dinner then back to guesstimation.
    - Calories - I doubt it.

• RangerRickL
    Options
    Thanks for all of your sharing!! I so appreciate each one of you and all of our teammates!
    Calories: under by 230
    Tracking: ok
    Exercise: great, for me, as shown above.
    I won't be able to even try to jump for a couple more weeks.
  • chermac2015
    chermac2015 Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    Exercise yes
    Calories yes
    Track yes
  • SheilaCali
    SheilaCali Posts: 737 Member
    Options

I have really big, muscular calves, so when we do calf raises, etc. in Barre class, I normally do them fairly easily. I'm normally the only guy in our Barre classes. Sometimes one of the ladies will comment on my form and how easy I make it look. ( I've done Barre for years ). I just say it's due to wearing my sparkling, ruby- red, high heels all the time. Oh, those ladies spoil me so, love them!!!

I laughed out loud, then realized you were serious about your Barre classes. If you make it look easy, then perhaps you should be an instructor! Good for you. There's been one buff guy in our aerobics class (step with weights), and even he's sweating- not for the faint of heart. I'm glad we're all still moving (more or less), and live to tell about it.

Exercise: 1 hour cleaning (kitchen cabinets- spring cleaning!)
    Calories: within limits, although I wanted some cinnamon roll (ate pizza instead!)
    Tracking: yes I did (and again it kept me from eating the yummy kitchen contents!)
  • pears734
    pears734 Posts: 496 Member
    Options
    Exercise? Yes; 47 minutes of strength training, 30 minute run, 60 minute hike, and 30 minutes of walking to and from work
    Calories? Yes
    Tracking? Yes
  • tinacuso
    tinacuso Posts: 4,259 Member
    Options
    @RangerRickL - Thanks for the reminder to stand up straight and I'm glad you are getting better.
    @am_change - I wear flats or 1 inch heals for work but wear high heals for dressy occasions. I recommend Bandolino heals. They are pretty comfortable.
    @fightingthetideofaging - Glad you go to Barre class. Maybe more guys will join you!

Did I exercise for at least 20 minutes? Yes, spent two hours skiing today. The mountain where I ski will close this weekend :'( but its been raining for the last 3 days so the snow has been going away like Frosty the Snowman. However, the weatherman just said it might snow again on Thursday. I may be able to head to Vt next week.
    Did I stay within my calorie budget for the day? Yes
    Did I keep track of everything I ate and drank? Yes

• karenleona
    karenleona Posts: 3,959 Member
    Options
    Slow and steady will heal the calf muscle Rick!
    At 6 feet tall I never wear heels although my daughter loves them and she is 6ft 1 in
    Never tried a barre class. No idea what it is but think it has something to do with ballet?
    Got it done yesterday! Three for three!
    Was sooo exhausted after 2 busy busy shifts at work with lots of walking and lifting people I could barely get out of bed this morning. Did some housekwork and just chilling trying to get in the mindset for work tonight. Trying to remember to drink more water today. Yesterday did not have time to get much in and only voided once in 14 hours!! Not good
  • chermac2015
    chermac2015 Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    Exercise yes
    Calories yes
    Track yes
  • pribud
    pribud Posts: 453 Member
    Options
    exercise yes aquamotion and exercise bike
    calories yes
    tracking ye