March 26 Sign-In

Options
RangerRickL
RangerRickL Posts: 8,469 Member
Did I exercise for at least 20 minutes?
Did I stay within my calorie budget for the day?
Did I keep track of everything I ate and drank?

Replies

• RangerRickL
    Options
    fzccd40st58y.jpg
    Hi Team,
    This looks like a pretty strange image for me to post on a Sunday morning...or any other day. It's an image from www.crossrope.com
    One thing that it shows is how our calf muscles look under the skin. They are two paired muscles and within each part are two layers of muscle. It's within those layers that I have a strain, which is a minor but painful separation.
    BUT:
    The real purpose of this image is to share my interest in the jump ropes and handles from Crossrope.com
    A couple of months ago, I began to add in short jump rope sessions into my cardio/strength intervals. After I recover from this injury, I'm going to get more focused with the jump rope as a cardio interval tool.
    I bought the starter set which has one set of handles which can be used on any of their different weights and styles of ropes.
    Have a great day.
  • SweetPeasMom55
    SweetPeasMom55 Posts: 3,385 Member
    Options
    So the ropes are heavier? I wonder if this is like the jumping jack something I aced as a kid which nearly killed me when I tried it now. Lol
    Day behind and loads to do laundry and going to my parents so I need to get moving. Have a great day!!
  • RangerRickL
    edited March 2017
    Options
    @2020pinktogo Actually, the handsome young man that founded this company has a whole panorama of ropes from light speed ropes to heavy ropes. The rope handles can be moved from one rope style to another. Each rope handle has a clip and the individual ropes all have eyelets at the rope ends. Anyone who is interested can check this out at www.crossrope.com
    I've found the 1lb rope too heavy for my current level of fitness, but when I recover from my calf injury, I'm going to try to use a light rope and then a 1/2 lb rope as an alternative interval.
  • fitqueenbess
    fitqueenbess Posts: 372 Member
    Options
    Wow! Who knew jump roping was so complicated? About a month ago I found a jump rope buried in a kitchen drawer. I jumped a few time using a long, loping, one-legged running jump. Even at with this modified jump, I could only go a couple minutes. Good for you, Rick! You've inspired me to try it again.
  • lovesretirement
    lovesretirement Posts: 2,661 Member
    Options
    Exercise? Yes 20 minute dog walk
    Tracking? Yes
    Within calories? Yes
  • tinacuso
    tinacuso Posts: 4,259 Member
    Options
    Did I exercise for at least 20 minutes? yes, 45 minutes on the elliptical machine.
    Did I stay within my calorie budget for the day?yes
    Did I keep track of everything I ate and drank? yes

I had to jump rope for a challenge I signed up for. I was surprised how much of a workout it was. As a child I use to jump rope all the time. I think I will try again!
  • fightingthetideofaging
    Options
    Did I exercise for at least 20 minutes? Yes, 30 minute walk, basically a rest day
    Did I stay within my calorie budget for the day? Yes
    Did I keep track of everything I ate and drank? Yes

Yes, I too, will dig out my long-neglected jump rope and give it a whirl !! Thanks for posting, Rick!!
  • SheilaCali
    SheilaCali Posts: 737 Member
    Options
    Brings back childhood memories... in gym we had heavy "beaded" ones- they stung when you got hit, but they swung really well. I could jump double dutch, but I think it was more luck than skill. Swinging the ropes for double dutch was hard for me, as I was one of the shortest in my class. I've tried a little jumping since then- man, it's a tough workout. Jumping in place, yeah, right. Not as coordinated as an adult either, ha ha. Unlikely to happen anytime soon due to my heel spur, but it's the thought that counts (sort of). Have fun and feel like a kid again!

Exercise: 45 min walk
    Calories: within limit
    Tracking: yes, even the 1/2 ooey gooey cinnamon roll (that's really the name!)
  • RangerRickL
    Options
    I'm glad you are all interested.
    Jumping rope has found a new groove thanks to the cross fit movement. Cross fit is way beyond my fitness level, but impressive.
    Today, I had the granddaughters and we talked about healthy eating and exercise.
    Calories: I made it with 28 to spare.
    Exercise: just easy walking this week
    Tracking: great
  • karenleona
    karenleona Posts: 3,959 Member
    Options
    Drat. Over by 37 calories. Otherwise did ok with tracking and moving- mostly up and down the stairs! Back at work tomorrow so I will be walking a lot
  • pribud
    pribud Posts: 453 Member
    edited March 2017
    Options
    exercise yes 45 minutes on my exercise bike, another few hours in the kitchen
    calories yes under
    tracking yes water and food, even the belgian chocolate I could not resist sampling today.

Good luck with all the jump ropes, don't think I will be trying it for a while...lol
  • lamlamsmakeover
    lamlamsmakeover Posts: 6,574 Member
    Options
    Did I exercise for at least 20 minutes? No
    Did I stay within my calorie budget for the day? No
    Did I keep track of everything I ate and drank? No

I have really blown off the last few days. My goal is for next week is to stay under my calorie goal. I hope to get exercise in, too, but for sure I need to control my calories.

Looking forward to next month's challenge!

I bought a jump rope a few months ago and haven't used it yet. Maybe this is the motivation I need. :smile: