HELP? I feel terrible.

Options
DaNae9402
DaNae9402 Posts: 61 Member
I am having some crazy pain in my joint, legs, knees and feet. I have started a weight loss program and lost 14 pounds in 1 1/2 months, but now I'm gaining weight back in the last 2 weeks and have followed the program the same. Also, in the last couple of weeks I am experiencing terrible pain, especially in my hips and legs. My right knee is inflamed now too. I am thinking about trying to do a gluten elimination diet to see if it helps. I am on the verge of crying in pain and I'm ready to try anything. Any advice for a newbie to gluten free?

Replies

• mjc2826
    mjc2826 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Pain is a bummer and very uninspiring!! What worked best for me was to cut the gluten and later dairy. I mostly eat naturally gluten free foods, rather than the costly and not-very-tasty gluten analogs (GF bread, pastries, crackers...). I will eat/make them on occasion, but try to limit them to special events. I have rice or potato as a side dish rather than rolls or pasta. The best upside/downside in my life is that I need to be a better planner and mostly need to sit down to eat my food - no more burgers in the car. Try going gluten free for a few days and see if it makes any difference, then go a little longer. Also keep in mind that sugar is also an inflammatory. You might want to track what you are eating and how you feel during the day. BTW - Corn chips/tortilla chips are my friend.
  • croftie4
    croftie4 Posts: 221 Member
    Options
    Hi there, sounds like me after having my last child 5 years ago I noticed increasing pain. I shrugged it off as just having a baby at 38 and then shrugged it off as an aging thing but then it got really bad. Endless doc visits where every doc decided to say something different to the last.

I holiday in France every summer and in recent years was always surprised that I didn't suffer with IBS and seemed happier. Still didn't make a connection though. My weight was getting unhealthy so I decided to cut out bread and pasta just being I thought I was eating too much of it no other reason. Then about two months later noticed I was feeling a lot better with pain and suddenly realised my IBS was so much better. We went out to dinner and I had pasta well that night I collapsed but thinking it was down to all the crappy medication I was on I expected hospital to say the same.

Well thank god for the junior doctor - he picked up straight a connection with gluten and possibly wheat. He was right. Fast forward 4 months and last week it was officially confirmed.

Now your pain might have nothing to do with your diet but I do wish I'd got tested much earlier but I didn't really know about gluten etc I also didn't know that a women in her late 30's early 40's could suddenly suffer when ok before.

I'm struggling a bit this being my first proper week understanding what I have to change so any one who can off support please add me as a friend.

I also have a sugar allergy since I was 13 so used to checking labels which I guess helps