SW: 300lbs - 136 kg
    LWW: 283.07 lbs - 128.4 kg
    CW: 279.1 lbs - 126.6 kg
    GW: 175

Loss Last Week: 3.97 lbs - 1.8kg
    Total Loss: 20.9 lbs - 9.4kg

Short term goal: 275 by August

What's Working:
    Swimming every other day and CICO. I do not think I need swimming to lose but I think it helps and I feel better by doing exercise.

What's Not:
    I am eating to many calories back after a pool session. I need to seriously watch it as I get pretty damn hungry about an hour after I am done swimming. I do not get same hunger from other exercise.

I also think I need to eat more protein. I keep reading studies, books, magazine articles, and post here that say I need even more protein when training during weight loss. I am not getting enough. I averaged 89g per day last week and even conservative estimates say I should be shooting for 102.96g based on my weight.
  • thewindandthework
    thewindandthework Posts: 531 Member
    Options
    Starting weight: 281.6 lbs (04 Feb 2017)
    Current weight: 233.4 lbs (07 Jun 2017)
    Total loss: 48.2 lbs
    Loss last week: 1.6 lbs

Goal loss rate: 1 lb per week (MFP kcal goal is set to 2 lbs per week)
    Next milestone: 225 lbs (05 Aug 2017 target)
    100 lb loss: 181.6 lbs (05 Jun 2018 target)
    Goal weight: 161.0 lbs (27 Oct 2018 target)

What's going well:
    * My running is going great! Hard, but great!
    * Logging is going well. I still think going private was the right move for me right now.

What's going poorly:
    * Nutritionally, my diet is abysmal right now. I don't have the energy to cook, which means I'm eating very little other than rice and nuts. Except Monday. Monday I had a bacon cheeseburger and fries, pizza, and three tacos. Yikes.
    * Need to figure out a new breakfast for work.
    * Still neglecting flow practice.

Mission Statement
    * I will keep logging my food. I will remember my goals.
  • Okiludy
    Okiludy Posts: 558 Member
    Options
    @thewindandthe work. Great to see your getting better at running. I just started 2 days ago and man do my legs burn. Don't worry too much about a bad day of eating just resolve yourself to buckle down more, and it looks like you are doing that!

For breakfast some might not like it but I have started using 2 scoops of protein powder in 10oz of almond milk. It helps me get to close to my protein macro that I am running at 40%. I tend to get plenty of carbs and fat it's just protein is alway low. I also eat right after my morning workout and it seems to help me recover a bit faster. The problem is finding a powder that agrees with my gut and is soy free. I have a slight soy allergy and it makes getting packaged food a challenge.

Anyway, great job! I hope to lose as much as you have. Sounds weird but it kind of inspiring.
  • jmolivia
    jmolivia Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    NSV: Put on day 1 of C25K, Got half way through and the blasted thing crashed! :# So, for me, a big victory: half of day 1. I abhor cardio, aka exercise without purpose (I know, not really, but that's how it feels), so I am really proud and ready to try again tomorrow!
  • faux_scots_lass
    faux_scots_lass Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    SW: 325lbs
    CW: 261.7lbs
    GW: 140-150lbs

Loss Last Week: -3.7lbs
    Total Loss - 63.3lbs

Short term goal: I'll aim for 260lbs by the end of June! Mini goal for this week - lose 0.4lbs to reach my 60lbs lost milestone!

WOOHOO! Smashed my 60lb gone goal! Not sure where this big loss came from this week. I've not altered my eating or exercise habits from previous weeks, weight loss is a funny thing like that.

I've noticed a bit too much excess sugar creeping in to my food this last few weeks so I want to make a big effort this week to tone that back down to a more reasonable level. When my sugar intake is low my appetite is much more under control. As always - need to drink more water!!
  • Working_Hard4me
    Working_Hard4me Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    SW:287.6 (2/17/2017)
    CW: 233.4 (6/8/2017)
    UGW: 140

Short Term Goal: Hit 227 by Father's Day. This will put me at 60lbs. lost since I started at my highest weight.
    Long Term Goal : Reach 199 By August 16th & then 180 by my Birthday October 18th :)

What's working:
    *Getting my 10,000 steps in daily
    *Not eating Out
    *Logging daily
    *Outdoor activities with the kids (which I use to dread because I could barely move before)

What's not:
    *I have stayed on track all week with no problems
  • sparklesammy
    sparklesammy Posts: 465 Member
    Options
    SW : 24 st 7lb
    CW : 21st 10lb
    GW: 14 st 7lb (then reassess)

Old small goal : below 23 st by end of April - MET!
    Old small goal : below 22 st by 12th June - MET 3rd June.
    New small goal : below 21st by 22nd July.
    Loss this week : -3lb
    Total loss since SW: -39lb

What's working- I'm finding the Fitbit a good motivator. I know I'm moving more than I would without it. My Fitbit stats are better than last week. Have been walking (read practically dragging) out lazy sausage dog two to three times a day.

What could be better: I felt a little cooped up in the house last week, the weather was awful. Hoping for better weather this week to do more outdoor play. It's my baby's first birthday on Monday and we have got lots of garden toys (swing, little car, sand and water table and little things) for him and his big brother (who's two). So we are about to have a proper playground out there.

Looking forward to my baby's birthday party this afternoon, but always feel a bit weird around buffet. Anyone relate? Will try and make it work. For me it will be an achievement to have a Norma plate of food and not feel self conscious. I would normally either avoid it by being intentionally distracted elsewhere or literally taking one quarter of a sandwich or something. I just feel really self conscious and think I'll be judged or whatever. Anyway - I'll try and be less bothered. It's my baby's party after all, it should be all about him, not me!!

[/quote]

• Amberetta82
    Amberetta82 Posts: 153 Member
    Options
    Here I go...

SW: 280 lbs
    GW: 175 lbs (less if I can)

Milestone GW: 265 lbs by July 1st 2017
    I chose that because I've been low to mid 270's for the longest time and putting it at 270 would feel like it wasn't legit. I got to 269 lbs once and was so excited. I will get super excited being lower than 270!

What's not working: obviously not moving enough, not using my elliptical, eating out a lot, drinking pop every day, Sonic's Reeses blast, not drinking water enough... I could go on.

Habits to work on:
    *ONE 32oz bottle of water a day to start with.
    *10 min minimum on the elliptical 4x a week.
    *STOP eating out every weekend and stop my husband from bringing a pop or snacks home for me almost every day. Also, don't let him talk me into getting take out through the week...

Have not moved on this one inch.

Everything is the same except I cannot do but 5 min on the elliptical so I'll start there this time. How hard can 5 min be?

STILL trying to reign in my eating habits. I have started by ordering less than I normally do when I eat out.

I HAVE to work on drinking more water vs pop. I have kidney stones. I really need to stop drinking pop all together.

Why are habits so hard to break?
  • Tatyanakuster
    Tatyanakuster Posts: 163 Member
    edited June 2017
    Options
    SW: 270 (February 18th 2017)
    CW: 223.6 (June 11th 2017)
    Loss this week: 4.6 pounds
    Loss so far: 46.4 pounds

I wanted to lose 10 pounds before the end of June and I'm almost there already!

Ultimate goal weight would be 150ish but it's hard to even imagine myself that way.

First big goal is to get to 200 pounds. Small goals are in 10 pound increments.
    I would like to lose 10 more pounds before July 1st( 3.6 to go) but really it's about balance and my mental health as well as my physical health!

What's working: IF is working really well. It goes perfect with my schedule and i get to cook gorgeous meals this way! Whole 30 was started on June 1 and love this way of eating. I'm staying under calories, getting more sleep, keeping accountable with friends and mfp.

What's not working: when I'm hard on myself and doubt that what I have accomplished isn't really real.
  • Okiludy
    Options

Have not moved on this one inch.

Everything is the same except I cannot do but 5 min on the elliptical so I'll start there this time. How hard can 5 min be?

STILL trying to reign in my eating habits. I have started by ordering less than I normally do when I eat out.

I HAVE to work on drinking more water vs pop. I have kidney stones. I really need to stop drinking pop all together.

Why are habits so hard to break?

Trick I learned on these forums is to get the to-go box right when I order food. I make the portion size reasonable and take home the rest. Not only does it keep the calories down it also saves cooking next day.

For water instead of soda, have you tired MiO? The Black Cherry one I don't think is bad and they are tiny so easy to fit in bag. Here you can normally get unsweetened green, jasmine, or barley tea instead of water for free. Then again Asia...

• kimbermak
    kimbermak Posts: 148 Member
    Options
    SW: 277.2lbs (Jan 16, 2017)
    CW: 236 lbs
    GW: 150lbs by Feb, 2018

Last Week's Weigh-In: 233.6
    Last Week's Weight loss: -2.40 lbs.
    Total Loss -43.6 lbs

Short term goal: 225 by July 17.

What's working: logging and water.

What's not working: My exercise STILL. I tried my elliptical and can't go longer than 3 minutes with lots of breaks in between. The tops of my thighs burn and my knees are achy. Plus, oh yeah probably most important, I can't breathe!!! It's very discouraging that I don't want to even try.
  • Okiludy
    Options
    SW: 300lbs - 136 kg
    LWW: 279.1 lbs - 126.6 kg
    CW: 277.8 lbs - 126 kg
    GW: 175

Loss Last Week: 1.3 lbs - .6 kg
    Total Loss: 22.2 lbs - 10kg

Short term goal: 275 by August

What's Working:
    Well I still love swimming. I think the best cardio for myself and maybe other obese people. No impact and you dont get all sweaty like on runs.

What's Not:
    Well I hit a rough patch in weight loss last week for good bit. I struggled to get to the bit of loss I had. Looks like some of the easy pounds are almost gone. either that or I am retaining water from all the exercise. I am watching food and measuring most things. I exercised like 10 times last week for 30-60 min of cardio.

I also tried to start C25k again. Once again I failed. My leg just hurts too much after running and I need to put the breaks on. I am going to try and lift at gym instead of running and keep swimming. Maybe when I get close to my goal weight I'll be able to run as impact from less than 200 lbs would be much easier.
  • bmeadows380
    bmeadows380 Posts: 2,981 Member
    Options
    My Starting Weight: ~375 lbs (01/01/2017)
    My goal: 300 lbs by end of summer
    Milestone: 310 lbs - I'm so close I can taste it!
    Current Weight: 310.4 lbs, 06/15
    Total loss: -64 lbs; -4 inches from waist & hips

What's working: sticking to my calorie limit works - though my success at that has been spotty. But since I lowered my calorie limit under the one set by MFP, I have a buffer if you will that helps with the late even snacking desire. Also, what works is not keeping junk food or snack food in reach.

What's not working: I'm slipping up lately on sugar. Not that I'm eating cookies or such, but I'm adding a little more to my coffee each morning, and I yielded to myself last night and put some in hot tea. And I'm going to have to stop buying the Hershey sugar free chocolate chips! Yes, they do not have sugar in them, but they are still calorie dense, and I don't stop at just 1 serving when I eat them - 1 serving is only a Tablespoon, so even 1 handful for me is at least 2 servings.
  • thewindandthework
    thewindandthework Posts: 531 Member
    edited June 2017
    Options
    Starting weight: 281.6 lbs (04 Feb 2017)
    Current weight: 232.0 lbs (15 Jun 2017)
    Total loss: 49.6 lbs
    Loss last week: 1.2 lbs

Goal loss rate: 1 lb per week (MFP kcal goal is set to 2 lbs per week)
    Next milestone: 225 lbs (03 Aug 2017 target)
    100 lb loss: 181.6 lbs (03 Jun 2018 target)
    Goal weight: 180.0 lbs (14 Jun 2018 target)

What's going well:
    * Keeping up with my running. It's getting harder, but so far I've been able to do the plan as written.
    * I'm still doing okay with logging my food.

What's going poorly:
    * I've been giving in to urges to eat calorie-dense food when I'm not even actually hungry, making me have to short myself later in the day. I'm mostly staying under calorie goal, but not in the way I want to. I hate going to bed hungry.
    * Related to the above, I'm also eating more sodium than usual, and I think water weight is the main reason I'm not seeing as much loss as I think I should. I hope.

Mission Statement:
    * I will work on fighting counterproductive urges.
  • sparklesammy
    sparklesammy Posts: 465 Member
    Options
    SW : 24 st 7lb
    CW : 21st 10
    GW: 14 st 7lb (then reassess)

Old small goal : below 23 st by end of April - MET!
    Old small goal : below 22 st by 12th June - MET 3rd June.
    New small goal : below 21st by 22nd July.
    Loss this week : 0lb
    Total loss since SW: -39lb

What's working- I'm logging everything and haven't given up. I've been way below calories every day.

What could be better - it's not how much I'm eating it's what I'm eating. I may not have gain this week over all but a couple of times during the week I checked and it had crept up a little. It's been a stressful week and I've found myself short of time to prepare or plan food so we've been eating conveniently (mostly processed freezer tapas! And take away.) I've been below my calories (sometimes waaay below) but what I am eating is crap, calorie dense, and it's obviously affecting my body.

My stress started last Saturday - we had a party for my babies birthday but he turned out to be quite ill, he had a fever for 4 days then he came out in a rash. It was just a "viral" thing so they couldn't do anything meds wise (other than to reduce the fever) and we just had to wait it out. In addition to this, my father (who has a long term issue with alcoholism) has now ended up in hospital with acute chronic liver failure (as well as a broken shoulder and ribs) and he isn't doing too well. He is dying. I have power of attorney for his physical and financial well being and im having to communicate daily with his sort of estranged ex wife (she moved out but didn't divorce him because he has money) and it's not easy talking to this person that I know is just waiting around for pay day, and pay day might be soon. The prognosis isn't good I don't think - his cirrhosis is stage 3 but he has an infection on his liver they can't treat and he isn't eating and his sodium levels are low. I've no idea how long he has. (They've said probably less than a year with the stage 3 cirrhosis but I think these other complications might shorten that). In addition to that my mother in law fell out with me because she came round on my sons birtday and left after 5 minutes because I didn't ask her any questions about herself and at one stage my husband hugged me, she felt so uncomfortable she felt she had to leave immediately. Whatever.

Anyway. Will try and eat some good stuff this week.

• Aarjono
    Aarjono Posts: 228 Member
    Options
    Been a couple of weeks since I updated.

SW: 257.6 (3/15/17)
    CW: 241.2 (6/17/17)
    STGW: 239.1
    LTGW: 165

2.6# loss since last check in on 5/27
    16.4# loss total

I fell into an old habit over the last couple of weeks-- I needed to go to the grocery store (which I HATE) but kept putting it off and eating out, and/or skipping meals during the day. This is an absolute no-no for me. No breakfast or lunch means bad choices for dinner, including lots of sodium, which I just can't tolerate. So I gained a couple of pounds. Whether it was "real" or "just" fluid retention, who knows, but after the grocery trip, I feel like I'm back on track, and the weight is going back down.

What is working: I know this. I absolutely *must* eat regular meals, including breakfast, even if it's just a yogurt. Which means not putting off going to the grocery store. Water. Lots of water. Being honest with myself and tracking.

What is not working: I know this, too. Skipping tracking, and skipping meals. Putting off going to the grocery store. The skipping tracking is just me trying to be dishonest with myself, which never, ever works. I mean, seriously? I know what I'm supposed to do and what works for me. Why do I risk sabotaging myself?

I'm going to have a very busy summer at work, so it is going to be doubly important that I plan my meals, eat right and regularly by packing my breakfast, lunch, and snacks(!) and pre-log.
  • faux_scots_lass
    faux_scots_lass Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    SW: 325lbs
    CW: 259.7lbs
    GW: 140-150lbs

Loss Last Week: -2.0lbs
    Total Loss - 65.3lbs

Short term goal: I'll aim for 260lbs by the end of June! New Goal- 250lbs by the end of July

I broke in to the 250s. Woohoo. I haven't been in the 250's since before I gave birth to my son...he's 8! When I was 19 I lost 70lbs of weight but I did it the wrong way and never managed to maintain. My starting weight back then was 252lbs so it feels kinda odd to be nearly back there and to be excited about that. I remember being horrified at the time that I weighed 252lbs and now I can't wait to reach it!

This week I need to focus on sugar - I've been letting too much of it creep back in to my daily eating. I've still kept within calories but to me, calories on sugar are a waste. Plus I know the more sugar I eat the more likely it is to trigger a binge eating episode and I've been working so hard on not binging and working out what triggers it etc that I have no desire to destroy all that effort.
  • TheVonada
    TheVonada Posts: 66 Member
    edited June 2017
    Options
    Was out of town last week and forgot to check in...

SW: 407 lbs (1/1/2017)
    UGW: 250 lbs
    CW: 338 lbs (-5.8 lbs in 2 weeks)
    Total Loss: -69 lbs (SO CLOSE TO 70!!!)

Short Term Weight Goal: 333 by the end of June.
    ---
    What's working: Because I'm working backstage on a production at my work, I'm moving a LOT more, doubling my step goal just about every day this week. I've also been doing a good job not over-indulging on the snacks laying around or the late-night eating out.

What's not working: I started full-time at my job this week, which means I've been at work from 9am-10pm (or later) every day since Monday. That means I haven't had time to cook as healthily as I would like, and that I haven't had the motivation to wake up to work out every day. I've also been forgetting to drink water, so I've had some killer headaches... But tomorrow starts a new week, and I have 2 days without rehearsals or performances!
  • gazellefish
    gazellefish Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    About Me: 27 years old, office worker (marketing).

My Starting Weight: 260 lbs (01/01/2017)
    My Ultimate Goal Weight: <150 lbs (I'm 5'4" so I will evaluate body composition after this)

My goal date for losing 100 lbs is by early summer 2018
    Target Loss: at least 1.5 lbs per week

Milestone #1: 235 lbs (by April for a trip to London - on track, only 5lbs to go in three weeks!) DONE!
    Milestone #2: 220 lbs (my next 20lbs loss and my next reward bracelet)
    Milestone #3: 199 lbs (I'd love to be in Onederland for Ren Faire in early November. 33 weeks, and 33-66lbs are possible!)
    Last Check-In Weight: 230.1 lbs, 06/01
    Current Weight: 226.5 lbs, 06/19
    Loss between checkins: -4.6 lbs
    Total loss: -33.4 lbs

I am pretty sure I've finally smashed through my month-long plateau. That was the hardest thing I've done in a long time. For other's references, my last weigh-ins went like this:

229.4, 230.4, 232.6, 230.9, 230.5, 230.5, 230.1, 230.1, 230.6, 231.1, 231.1, 230.6, 230.6, 231.2, 229.2, 228.5, 230, 229.4, 229.1

If you get stuck, keep pushing. A month felt like forever. I was mentally and physically exhausted (still am?). But I'll need this post for the next plateau.

June Goals: Starting C25k! Want to increase my cardio activity to see if I can't catch up and still hit Onederland by November!

• kimbermak
    kimbermak Posts: 148 Member
    Options
    SW: 277.2lbs (Jan 16, 2017)
    GW: 150lbs by Feb, 2018

Last Week's Weigh-In: 233.6
    Current Weigh-in: 234.4 lbs
    Weight loss GAIN: +.8 lbs.
    Total Loss -42.8 lbs

Short term goal: 225 by July 17.

What's working: This past week - NOTHING

What's not working: I am was out of my routine this past week with my mother in the hospital. Ate out more than usual because it was convenient. Exercise is still a problem for me. I can't go longer than 3 minutes on my elliptical without lots of breaks in between.