Your milestones and progress - accountability

Options

Replies

• Theo166
    Theo166 Posts: 2,564 Member
    Options
    Anna, how were you able to size a wedding dress going through such rapid weight loss?
    Hope it stays up on your special day!
  • rfrieman
    rfrieman Posts: 94 Member
    Options
    anna4anna wrote: »
    *updated 03/21/17*

Current Inspiration:
    My wedding day on March 26! Ahhhh...less than a week away!

Congratulations on your upcoming wedding. I know you must be so excited. Great job on your weight loss. I am sure you will be stunning in your wedding dress.
  • anna4anna
    anna4anna Posts: 123 Member
    Options
    Theo166 wrote: »
    Anna, how were you able to size a wedding dress going through such rapid weight loss?
    Hope it stays up on your special day!

Lol Theo, I've had to have the dress taken in twice already and the last fitting I had her take it in even more since I may be wearing a corset shapewear underneath. She's this little old Chinese lady who is amazing, and she kept scolding me haha. But I'm ok paying the extra money because it's a good reason imo. Better it's being taken in than let out. (Flashbacks of the dress I wore to my sisters wedding...)

rfrieman wrote: »
    anna4anna wrote: »
    *updated 03/21/17*

Current Inspiration:
    My wedding day on March 26! Ahhhh...less than a week away!

Congratulations on your upcoming wedding. I know you must be so excited. Great job on your weight loss. I am sure you will be stunning in your wedding dress.

Thanks so much Rhonda! I'm excited and also nervous lol. I'm not good in social situations and the idea of being the "centre of attention" freaks me out...
  • gazellefish
    gazellefish Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    Definitely haven't been doing this every week, sorry! I plateau'd and I didn't want to talk about it haha. Also edited my SW etc. to more accurately reflect this year's actual effort. Last year is so last year.

About Me: 27 years old, office worker (marketing).

My Starting Weight: 260 lbs (01/01/2017)
    My Ultimate Goal Weight: <150 lbs (I'm 5'4" so I will evaluate body composition after this)

My goal date for losing 100 lbs is by early summer 2018
    Target Loss: at least 1.5 lbs per week [right now sitting around an average of 1.9lbs a week)

Milestone #1: 235 lbs (by April for a trip to London - on track, only 5lbs to go in three weeks!)
    Milestone #2: 199 lbs (I'd love to be in Onederland for Ren Faire in early November. 33 weeks, and 33-66lbs are possible!)
    Last Check-In Weight: 243 lbs, 02/27
    Current Weight: 238.7 lbs, 03/22
    Loss last week: -210 lbs
    Total loss: -21 lbs

What's still working:
    • Tracking food on MFP - I've been fairly religious. On Sundays I tend to not log but still watch what I eat.
    • Intermittent Fasting - I'm about two months in, I do 8 on, 16 off (noon-8pm).
    • Feeling full - I'm better at knowing what a meal should feel like, and reminding myself I should be full and not snacking out of boredom.
    • Exercise - I've been working with a trainer and going to the gym at least 4x a week, plus upping cardio. I do mostly heavy lifting, and I love it.
    • Sleeping - I have a bedtime, and I stick to it. I try and get 8 hours.

What's not:
    • Still work a sedentary office job. It's hard to get the steps in.
    • Cooking my own food - I run a gallery and have an 8-5 job, so I'm usually all over the map.
    • Eating enough/hitting good macros - My medication often makes me feel sick and it's been difficult to manage food correctly.

• CaydensMommy
    CaydensMommy Posts: 315 Member
    Options
    Hello all! I'm Jessica. I'm 32 year old mom to a threenager. Lol! My profile on here says I lost 15 some pounds. That was from way back when. I am currently "on again" starting on the 20th of this month. I haven't weighed in since Monday, so...
    starting weight: 291
    short term goal: 261
    ultimate goal: 175

I do, from time to time, get discouraged. I am motivated now but I have a long road ahead of me. Support is greatly appreciated!
  • rfrieman
    rfrieman Posts: 94 Member
    edited March 2017
    Options
    Rhonda 57 year old female

Update for this week
    Starting Weight:256 lbs. (01/20/2017)
    Ultimate Goal Weight: 150 lbs
    My goal date for losing 60 lbs is September 15, 2017 (going on a cruise)
    My goal date for losing 100 lbs is January 2018

Next Milestone: 220 lbs (by end of April)
    Current Weight: 229 lbs (03/24/17)
    Loss this week: -1.0 lbs
    Total overall loss: -27 lbs
  • Theo166
    Options
    Not much progress in over a week :(

SW: ~296 lbs (01/01/2017)
    GW: <190 lbs (top of my healthy BMI range)
    My goal date for losing 100 lbs is by Jan 2018

Next Milestone: 260 lbs (by end March?)
    CW: 261.8 lbs, 03/26
    Loss last week: -1.0 lbs
    Total loss: -34 lbs

What's working, what's not:
    All of my loss is from tracking and diet. Joined dietbet last week, which may have slowed my weight loss. I pigged out a bit before my initial weigh-in :p .

I like my FitBit but it really hasn't increased my activity much, just shown I deserve the sedentary setting.
    I also went to a party last week and enjoyed far to many treats.
  • MissSass2
    MissSass2 Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    SW: 286. 2/21/17
    CW: 280. 3/26/17
    Loss last week 1 lb
    Total loss 6 lbs
    Not going to lie, disappointed at only one little pound loss. I've started working out at the Y last week and stayed under my calories. Somehow thought it would be more pounds lost.
    Goals this week: exercise 3 days at Y. Drink more water.
  • Theo166
    Options
    I've read
    MissSass2 wrote: »
    Loss last week 1 lb
    Total loss 6 lbs
    Not going to lie, disappointed at only one little pound loss. I've started working out at the Y last week and stayed under my calories. Somehow thought it would be more pounds lost.

I've read that when you start exercising, the water retention in your muscles increases. The weight will come of if we keep hitting our calorie goals.
  • jameyer73
    jameyer73 Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    Update:
    SW: 270lbs (12/27/16)
    CW: 228.9lbs (3/27/17)

Total Loss: 41.1lbs
    Next Milestone: 220lbs
    I won't make it there by my 35th birthday (April 7th), but I'm sure as hell going to try!
  • jameyer73
    jameyer73 Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    Theo166 wrote: »
    I've read
    MissSass2 wrote: »
    Loss last week 1 lb
    Total loss 6 lbs

I've read that when you start exercising, the water retention in your muscles increases. The weight will come of if we keep hitting our calorie goals.

I've noticed this as well. I adjusted my weigh-in days to compensate and it helps a bit. So, I work out MWF and weigh on Sunday. Also, remember the first 6-8 weeks of working out you are going to get your largest muscle gains, which means you may have lost 2lbs of fat and gained 1lb of muscle! Since more muscles means more calories burned everyday of your life, this equals a huge win.

Way to go, keep it up and don't get discouraged!
  • Jirachii
    Jirachii Posts: 152 Member
    Options
    Ahhhhh congratulations and welcome to the 200-club!!! :smiley: Hitting the 90's must feel great! All of that progress <3

Keep counting, keep moving, you'll be 175 in no time <3<3<3
  • kimbermak
    kimbermak Posts: 148 Member
    Options
    SW: 277.2lbs
    CW: 253.6lbs
    GW: 150lbs by Feb, 2018

Last Week's Weight loss: -1 lb
    Total Loss - 23.6 lbs
  • Working_Hard4me
    Working_Hard4me Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    SW:287.6 (February 17th)
    CW: 256.2 (March 25th)
    GW: 140

This week loss -8.8
    Total Loss- 31.4

My next short term goal is to hit 145 by April 17th. I do have a cheat meal plan during this time because on top of Easter, I have 2 out of my 3 kids birthday. So lots of celebration goodies going to be around and I will indulge on just one of them.
  • Frankmeister86
    Frankmeister86 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    SW: 254.4
    CW: 247.2
    GW: 154.4
    Loss this week: -2.2
    Total loss: -7.2
    Short term goal: -40 by my son's birthday in July.

Food was a struggle this week but I am DETERMINED to log everything. I went to the gym 6 days last week. My body felt like crap for the first time at the gym today. But hey I lost 2 lbs. I'll keep inching along. Last night I made pasta for my family and I had broccoli with sauce instead (marinara and ground turkey). It was actually very satisfying! I can do this. And I will do this.