Starting Stronglifts & Looking for Friends

Options
AbbeyDove
AbbeyDove Posts: 317 Member
Hi all,

I have my appointment with a trainer today--I'm pretty nervous, and it's a very dude-oriented gym. I don't even know if I can lift an empty bar 5 times--let alone 25 times! But, I've got to start somewhere. I eat a primal-ish, higher fat diet, gluten-free, but I'm not obsessed with dietary perfection. I'm a mom with one young child, and I teach high school. I'm 43. If anyone would like to add me, feel free. I log every day. I'm trying to live a healthy life, and to ensure that I can move my kid to college in 13 years. I'm especially looking for friends who might have one (or more) of these elements in common!

Replies

• jstout365
    jstout365 Posts: 1,686 Member
    Options
    You are probably stronger than you think if you have been doing body weight work recently! I also have a son and he'll be 5 tomorrow! Feel free to add me. I'm not a primal eater by any means, but I do try to stick around 80/20 whole/processed for the most part. I'm on a little lifting hiatus for the next few weeks, but will be back at it when my body is ready to lift all the heavy things. Taking the break to refocus on diet, lean down a little, and just rest all the aches and pains that come after 7 months of it.
  • monkeyinasuit
    monkeyinasuit Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Last week was my first week and I loved it!

The only thing I dislike is that my gym does not have any fractional weights and it seems as though people have stolen the 2.5 pound weights. I plan to buy my own set to bring to the gym.
  • cleotherio
    cleotherio Posts: 712 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me. I started Stronglifts in March, and I'm just now switching to the Texas method (see Tameko's sticky). I'm 42 with two elementary school-aged kids :)
  • kirabob
    kirabob Posts: 481 Member
    Options
    You can add me too. My story is the same as Cleotherio's, except that I have one 3 year old. I used to be a teacher (college), but now only teach every once in a while. Like jstout, I eat all the foods - my goal is to be able to eat intuitively and without feeling the urge to control and/or binge what goes in my mouth. Lifting REALLY helps with that goal!

Welcome to lifting!
  • Calliope610
    Calliope610 Posts: 3,775 Member
    Options
    I'm new to SL also. Still working on my form, so not making much progress weight-wise. But I love my time in the gym!

Add me. I log daily, have no food restrictions, just try to stay around 1800-1900 cals/day.
  • cpiton
    cpiton Posts: 380 Member
    Options
    Hi! I'm in my second 12 week "round" of SL. I'm 42 and a mom of three--2 are grown, one teen. I log daily and I EAT. :bigsmile: Don't worry, you're going to do great :flowerforyou: