Caught Him on POF - What To Do??

Options
I have been exclusive with my boyfriend for 2 months. I caught him active on a dating website (POF) and he told me he had a chive album of dirty pics on his phone. So my question is for the guys. Is this normal dating behavior for a man? I'm new to dating after being single from divorce a year ago. I need help understanding what is normal, I don't want to be the nag girlfriend but I don't want to be naive either. Help!

Replies

• jenbit
    jenbit Posts: 4,289 Member
    Options
    not normal.....Plus if it makes you uncomfortable he should delete it ...period
  • UsedToBeHusky
    UsedToBeHusky Posts: 15,229 Member
    Options
    not normal.....Plus if it makes you uncomfortable he should delete it ...period

This.

If he is not at a point where he would deactivate his POF account and delete his nudey pic cache, then perhaps you should reevaluate how much you really want to be with this guy.
  • RunIntheMud
    RunIntheMud Posts: 2,645 Member
    Options
    Is his POF account active? You can see when the user last logged in. If he's logged on recently, it's not normal. If it's just an old account, he may have been too lazy to delete it (I have one on some small dating website that I keep forgetting to delete, but haven't logged on in over 6 months).

As far as his dirty pics. It depends on the relationship. Some men have them, some don't (some women do, too). Some women are ok with it, some are not. If you are not comfortable with it, you need to talk about it. An actual conversation and not rude comments thrown back and forth. Then take it from there.
  • TyTy76
    TyTy76 Posts: 1,761 Member
    Options
    Is his POF account active? You can see when the user last logged in. If he's logged on recently, it's not normal. If it's just an old account, he may have been too lazy to delete it (I have one on some small dating website that I keep forgetting to delete, but haven't logged on in over 6 months).

As far as his dirty pics. It depends on the relationship. Some men have them, some don't (some women do, too). Some women are ok with it, some are not. If you are not comfortable with it, you need to talk about it. An actual conversation and not rude comments thrown back and forth. Then take it from there.

You're so smart.
  • SirBonerFart
    SirBonerFart Posts: 1,185 Member
    Options
    leave the poor guy alone and let him do his thing
  • RunIntheMud
    Options
    Awww... I :heart: you too Ty....
  • Skinny_Jeans_Soon
    Skinny_Jeans_Soon Posts: 326 Member
    Options
    Thanks everyone. It was an actual active account and he was online searching for girls while he was at the station working. It's how we met actually.

The pics bother me, he knows it. I guess I will wait and see what happens. I really like the feedback.
  • RunIntheMud
    Options
    Thanks everyone. It was an actual active account and he was online searching for girls while he was at the station working. It's how we met actually.

The pics bother me, he knows it. I guess I will wait and see what happens. I really like the feedback.

If we were exclusive and he was online looking, he would be my ex-boyfriend. No discussion needed. But, that's just me.
  • odusgolp
    odusgolp Posts: 10,477 Member
    Options

*swoon*

I have a little girl crush.
  • Skinny_Jeans_Soon
    Options

If we were exclusive and he was online looking, he would be my ex-boyfriend. No discussion needed. But, that's just me.

That was my immediate thought as well, then he said all the right things...grrr!!
  • Roadie2000
    Roadie2000 Posts: 1,801 Member
    Options
    ACTIVE on a dating website? I'm pretty sure that's not what exclusive means, and that's definitely not cool. Dirty pics I don't think are a big deal, just a little immature.
  • UsedToBeHusky
    Options

That was my immediate thought as well, then he said all the right things...grrr!!

Just be careful. If he has promised to deactivate it, then follow up with him and be sure he has.
  • dbrightwell1270
    dbrightwell1270 Posts: 1,732 Member
    Options
    Two questions. What do you mean you caught him active on POF? Was he on the computer and you caught him browsing and messaging other women? Did you see that his account was still open and not hidden? And given that he was out searching for other women to date and not just that he still has an open account, how was it determined you were exclusive? Did you actually talk about being exclusive or did you start having sex two months ago and assume you were exclusive because sex is part of a monogamous commited relationship?
  • TyTy76
    Options

*swoon*

She's mine!
  • MissingMinnesota
    MissingMinnesota Posts: 7,486 Member
    Options

basically this.
  • odusgolp
    odusgolp Posts: 10,477 Member
    Options

*swoon*

She's mine!

What the? NO! You can't just go around collecting all the logical people. NO!
  • TyTy76
    Options

*swoon*

She's mine!

What the? NO! You can't just go around collecting all the logical people. NO!

Logical & Hot
  • Skinny_Jeans_Soon
    Options
    Two questions. What do you mean you caught him active on POF? Was he on the computer and you caught him browsing and messaging other women? Did you see that his account was still open and not hidden? And given that he was out searching for other women to date and not just that he still has an open account, how was it determined you were exclusive? Did you actually talk about being exclusive or did you start having sex two months ago and assume you were exclusive because sex is part of a monogamous commited relationship?

Good questions. If someone is your favorite on POF you can look to see how often and when they are online. My profile is hidden but I can see when he is on. I randomly checked and he was online at that very moment so I text him and asked him why. His account isn't hidden or inactive. It's active and he's online.

About being exclusive, I wasn't ready but he initiated the conversation and made it clear he didn't want me talking to or seeing anyone else. I told him we could give it a shot. So yes we had the exclusive talk and I have been behaving as I promised but have an issue with him searching POF and having pics of his naked ex on his phone if we are "exclusive". I told him my concerns and he said the right things, deleted the pics (supposidly) and inactivated his account (I haven't been on to validate). I am still worried, I don't want to be naive and end up heart broken.
  • TyTy76
    Options
    Do you yourself have an active POF account?
    Is that how you caught him?

:huh: :huh: :huh:
  • UsedToBeHusky
    Options

Good questions. If someone is your favorite on POF you can look to see how often and when they are online. My profile is hidden but I can see when he is on. I randomly checked and he was online at that very moment so I text him and asked him why. His account isn't hidden or inactive. It's active and he's online.

About being exclusive, I wasn't ready but he initiated the conversation and made it clear he didn't want me talking to or seeing anyone else. I told him we could give it a shot. So yes we had the exclusive talk and I have been behaving as I promised but have an issue with him searching POF and having pics of his naked ex on his phone if we are "exclusive". I told him my concerns and he said the right things, deleted the pics (supposidly) and inactivated his account (I haven't been on to validate). I am still worried, I don't want to be naive and end up heart broken.

Well I would just validate that his account is inactive, and let it go. It sounds like he is willing to work on things. If you hold on to your suspicions, then you could end up sabotaging things with him later. Let this go, and just keep your eyes peeled for red flags in the future, but don't look for problems where there aren't any.