Gear S3 and weight lifting

Options
lakhoua
lakhoua Posts: 6 Member
Hi All

which activity you think is the most accurate to track the calories burned in a weight lifting session?
I used to use elliptical and i think its too generous and now i switched to yoga and it seems very small.

let me know your experience

Replies

• Morgaen73
    Morgaen73 Posts: 2,817 Member
    Options
    I was quite surprised. I used the S3 set on elliptical (while doing elliptical) with my Polar H7 HRM and it was actually quite accurate in recording my heart rate. The problem is that it was quite stingy with calories lol

I set it on "other workout" for my weightlifting and it over estimated my calories quite a bit compared to the Polar.

I only got it last week so I am still trying to figure things out.
  • lakhoua
    lakhoua Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    other workout doesn't calculate the heart rate. but its good you have a Polar and you should know how many calories you burn on a weight lifting session . i am not referring to cardio here. let me know when you discover the best activity to run on a weight lifting session
  • djmom1
    djmom1 Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    Right now the Map My Run app for Gear is having issues with gps, so I'm not using it for cardio, BUT it continuously measures heart rate when you use it in "gym workout" mode & has proven to be quite accurate for me. Hth
  • djmom1
    djmom1 Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    UA released an update supposedly to fix the gps issue on MMR. I haven't used it yet, but I hope it does as I much prefer the Map My Run app in the gym.
  • coolvstar650
    coolvstar650 Posts: 97 Member
    edited April 2017
    Options
    I was getting really frustrated and then I started using the YOGA for my weightlifting workouts...it seems counterintuitive but that setting works.
  • Morgaen73
    Morgaen73 Posts: 2,817 Member
    edited May 2017
    Options
    I'll try i thanks. I've started using the "weight machines" one but it still hugely overestimates my calories burned compared to "weight training" on the Polar app.
  • ancho84
    ancho84 Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    In started using yoga... How accurate is it?