Short and long term goals? Daily strategies? Fitness level?

Options
leahrgrant
leahrgrant Posts: 23 Member
What is everyone's short and/or long term goals? How will you meet them? How much exercise do you get?

I have 30-35 lbs left to lose this challenge will get me to the home stretch! I am trying to eat lots of fruits and veggies and get better about drinking water. I walk as part of my daily commute (I usually get in 2-4 miles a few times a week) but if I don't have to go anywhere I am pretty sedentary. I would like to try to get a short home workout going that I enjoy and will stick with.

Replies

• size102b
    size102b Posts: 1,370 Member
    edited March 2017
    Options
    Leah I'm sure you'll meet your goals you sound very focused well done :)

Mine are to lose 40 lbs I gained from last years loss of 63lbs :(

I prob need to lose another 10'after

I need to get some fitness level so walking fit a while still then cardio on treadmill and DVD

Long term is love to be 50 lbs lighter and lifting I need muscle as I age
  • mangoman420
    mangoman420 Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    My weekday routine
    On the first train downtown

[warm up]
    Once I hit union station I use a brisk walk to the subway entrance. Walk down/up the stairs instead of the escalator. It's about four flights down and six up.

A brisk two block walk to the gym.

[workout]
    One day of chest and back
    One day of shoulders and arms
    One day of legs
    Two days abs and cardio

Brisk three block walk to work

[Breakfast]
    Usually fruit of some kind and some nuts (peacan, raw cashews, raw almonds).
    A bagel maybe once a week
    Spirulina and Glucosamine tabs

[Lunch and afternoon]
    Usually a shake with almond or coconut milk, blueberries, fiber, and shake mix
    If not a shake, I'll have a salad

Walk around downtown. Depending upon how much time I have 1-3 miles

Starting today I will be coaching one of my son's soccer team two night a week and Saturday mornings. Trying to run with the kids last season is the reason I got back on the fitness track. at fifty five and 250 pounds, I was sucking wind something fierce trying to keep up!

[Dinner]
    Lots of fresh veggies
    Big fan of quinoa and sweet potatoes
    I've cut most meat out of my diet. If I have it, it's more for flavor than quantity.
    If I can't live without something sweet, I keep it small and save it for right before bedtime. This keeps me from having to deal with blood sugar spikes.

Weekends are spent working around the house and having some fun with the kids.

I do encourage you to incorporate some kind of strength training into your routine. Building some lean muscle (no need to really bulk up) will help raise your metabolism as each pound of muscle will burn 6-10 calories a day.

This first post in this discussion has some great advice that doesn't just apply to belly fat:community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/1161603/so-you-want-a-nice-stomach/p1
  • lorenza555
    lorenza555 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    My long term plan is to lose 45lbs, I'd love to be 140lbs which I think is my ideal weight.
    I've started dieting more times than I want to admit, I really just need to focus. I think the key will be giving up alcohol, I've always tried to fit it in to my calories but been hungry as I've not had enough food! this time I have to cut it out completely. Not forever but definitely for the forseeable future!
    Short term goals, just really improve my self-esteem and general health. I'm struggling with mental health issues anxiety etc so I'm hoping stopping alcohol will also help this.
    I feel so down about my weight at the moment, I it's impacting on every aspect of my life and I'm sick of it :(
    Would love it if you could add me as friends- I'm on the mobile app but can't see how to add people!
    Good Luck everyone - lets do this!