Introductions!

Options
RangerRickL
RangerRickL Posts: 8,469 Member
Hello UAC-April Members!

Some of you have been with this challenge for months and some are brand new. I can tell you that it is one of the hardest challenges to stay with throughout the entire month. FOCUS, FOCUS, FOCUS!! Log every BLT (Bite, Lick, Taste). Stay strong and true to yourself....YOU WILL SUCCEED!!

Please feel free to share as much information as you feel comfortable sharing about yourself with the rest of the group. I look forward to getting to know all of you a little better. GOOD LUCK!

Replies

• neepex27
    neepex27 Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    I'm excited to be here. Bring it! I've been faithfully pushing myself to exercise every day for the past 2 1/2 months, and I've stuck with it. I'm ready to push myself and be accountable, I'm ready for change!
  • SweetPeasMom55
    SweetPeasMom55 Posts: 3,385 Member
    Options
    Woo Hoo I found us Rick before you told us it was up lol :D

I am one of the monthly repeaters I get on everyday I let you know about work weather just about everything.
  • godsgiftrb
    godsgiftrb Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I am joining first time. Need accountability. Need to do this. I am an all in or all out type of person. I need motivation. I need to JUST DO IT!
  • vae0033
    vae0033 Posts: 70 Member
    Options
    This is just what I need!!! I'm definitely in, a newbie to this, and looking forward to the challenge.
  • pears734
    pears734 Posts: 496 Member
    Options
    Hello!

Welcome newcomers! My name is Kelsea. I'm 25, work in the medical field, and am a returning UAC veteran. I've made the winner's circle only once, but I've hit many other goals with the challenge. Looking back, I've lost 20 lbs since joining the group! I give the UAC most of the credit for that. Staying accountable is up to you, but knowing that you have a supportive community with similar struggles and goals makes it easier to overcome hardships and reach your goals.

This month, I'm working towards three goals. 1. Lose 5 lbs by June (slow and healthy for my current weight). 2. Run more than a total of 90 miles (my January total that I have yet to reach since then). 3. THE WINNERS CIRCLE!!

I wish everyone the best of luck, and I'm excited to see what the month brings!
  • Dosse1320
    Dosse1320 Posts: 242 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone,
    My name is Dolores and I am 59 years old. I have been retired from teaching for 6 years. I am a newbie to this group and I am looking forward to outer accountability. Thanks Rick for setting this up. You can count on me!
  • tdorton
    tdorton Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    I'm a 44 year old mom of 4. Definitely need accountability I've been terrible with my food choices lately. Looking to get back on the wagon and tomorrow is the beginning for me. If anyone needs support please add me. We can do this!!
  • aeshippers
    aeshippers Posts: 416 Member
    Options
    Hi all, I'm Alyson. I'm a 43 year old full time working mum of 2 teenage girls and have just made it back to my pre-pregnancy weight thanks to mfp although still another 5kg to​ go. I'm finding that joining the community is really helping keep me accountable so here I am.
  • Gretasachs89
    Gretasachs89 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    I am a 27yo Female, aiming to lose 6kg and tone. I was in a good place up until 6 weeks ago and I have a put on 5kg from binge eating. So this is the perfect challenge for me. I am already very active but have made some bad choices with food. I can't wait for this!!! And can't wait to see everyone else's successes. Anyone who is looking to connect, please add me. :)
  • pendennis
    pendennis Posts: 117 Member
    Options
    Hiya! I'm 47 and looking to lose about 70. I travel 80% of the time for my job and spend up to 60 hours a month in my car for work. I have already lost 21lbs. I love a challenge so I am in.
  • NadiaMayl
    NadiaMayl Posts: 496 Member
    Options
    Hi all!! 40 yr old, mom of 2 boys (10 & 11), and all the crazy that comes with that! 1st time to do this challenge, but active on MFP for a bit over a year. Last spring I lost 20 lbs, and decided to sit on maintenance during the winter (Hard challenge with Christmas and vacation), but I managed and I maintained without being deprived! I feel 90% confident that, at this point in my life, I've learned to maintain a healthy balance, moderation, and exercising. Mostly and probably what I'm most proud of, but still working on, my body image has improved, the negative thoughts have decreased, and that is PRICELESS!!
    So now I'm here, because I want to tighten and firm up my muscles a little bit and if the bonus is another 5lbs less, then yippie!!!
  • FHImagined
    FHImagined Posts: 145 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone! I am excited to find and be part of this challenge. I need the consistency!
  • julisfit
    julisfit Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone, I'm loving the accountability in this challenge! Good luck!
  • hkaccompanist
    hkaccompanist Posts: 100 Member
    Options
    Hello, everyone!
    I started MFP in early Jan (169.2), lost 15 lbs within 6 weeks by following good habits and especially by joining this group. Sadly, fell off the wagon since Valentine's Day. Now I am back and ready to commit!
    SW (March 29): 159.4
    GW (end of March): 158
    GW (end of April): 153
    GW (end of May): 148
    Ultimate goal weight range: 118-125

• phoebelayla
    phoebelayla Posts: 1,186 Member
    Options
    Hello! I am excited to be back and once again try for the winner's circle. I am a working, married, mom of two teen boys. I love working out, and I am working on that love of eating. (Well, the overeating of the junk food after I eat the healthy food!) I know what to do, just need that accountability to stick with it. I would like to lose, and keep off, ten pounds. I have had a good week, good mindset, and feel confident coming into the April challenge! Good luck everyone!!
  • MsMarlaJean
    MsMarlaJean Posts: 1,741 Member
    Options
    Try Try Again! that's me! Marla Jean is the name I live in S.E. Alaska and have been on MFP for 4 years, initially lost 50 pounds in the first year and a half, kept it off for about 1/2 a year and then slowly started to gain back 30 pounds over the next two years.

I need to do this for ME...MAKE time to menu plan-MAKE time to exercise-MAKE time to log.

Although I haven't done this for this challenge, I have done it for 30 days it was the 30 days between Thanksgiving and Christmas 2016, and it was probably the healthiest holidaze I have ever experienced!

GOOD LUCK MFPalz! Awesome April Awareness :+1: We GOT this!
  • vickijank
    vickijank Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    Hi all! I'm Vicki and I'm a newbie. I'm joining this challenge because I need some more accountability. I've been slacking way too much lately and I need to get serious. I'm 31 and I live outside Philadelphia with my German Shepherd Diesel. Thanks for letting me join!
  • markmacare
    markmacare Posts: 198 Member
    Options
    Hey gang! My name's Mark, looking for extra accountability. Doing a good job in terms of eating and working out about 70% of the time, now want to go the extra mile! Typically do well during the week, then slack off during the weekend, will focus more now.

As I read somewhere: one day or day one. You decide.
  • Mahdi22
    Mahdi22 Posts: 229 Member
    Options
    Hey everyone...I know I'm late but today is Day 9 of me eating healthy and exercising. Count me in, I really need accountability. So add me as a friend!!
  • Dosse1320
    Dosse1320 Posts: 242 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone. I am back and looking forward to a great April!!