April 25 Sign-In

Options
RangerRickL
RangerRickL Posts: 8,469 Member
Did I exercise for at least 20 minutes?
Did I stay within my calorie budget for the day?
Did I keep track of everything I ate and drank?

Replies

• SweetPeasMom55
    SweetPeasMom55 Posts: 3,385 Member
    Options
    LOL I am actually the middle child. My brother was always shy and an introvert he is the oldest my sister is the baby rules have never applied to her. Both siblings live out of the area. I can remember being this little kid going against the bully on the bus who was tormenting my brother. Let's just say the bullying stopped but my brother wouldn't' talk to me for a few years. I understand now why but when I was 6 it was like what's he so mad about I took care of it.
  • SweetPeasMom55
    SweetPeasMom55 Posts: 3,385 Member
    Options
    @aeshippers love the photos. After working all day and standing in high heels yesterday as things got moved around so I was not at the sit down booth. I ordered a pair of black flats. They may not be as appealing to the eye. My feet won't be killing me and I won't end up a cripple in a few years. ;)
  • karenleona
    karenleona Posts: 3,959 Member
    Options
    Oh boy. Had so much fun at work all night celebrating the retirement of one of our unit clerks. Way to much food. May not log today. Gonna drink a lot of water every time I wake up so probably won't get much sleep today even tho I am very tired from a busy night. Got 4000 steps before midnight and 5000 from midnight till 7. Off to bed for a few hours
  • Dosse1320
    Dosse1320 Posts: 242 Member
    Options
    Thanks @aeshippers for sharing these beautiful photos; it IS " A Wonderful World".
    This morning the sun is shining here on the prairies. I am walking outside at 10:00 AM with a walking buddy. ☀️
  • phoebelayla
    phoebelayla Posts: 1,186 Member
    Options
    Beautiful pics @aeshippers! Thanks for sharing.
  • Dosse1320
    Dosse1320 Posts: 242 Member
    Options
    Thanks @RangerRickL for sharing the sibling chart. I am the youngest of 4 children. It usually is the oldest child that is the most responsible. Not in my family(and that's okay). We all played a different role in taking care of our mom. My brother, who is child #2, was the main caregiver because he lived in the same town. I lived only 2 1/2 hours away so I had my mom stay with us for a week once a month( a good break for my brother and my mom). My 2 sisters lived in British Columbia. The oldest child only came to help out when she was asked or told. Child #3 came often and was a great help.
    Wow! Who knew this topic would elicit such a lengthy response. ☺️
  • pribud
    pribud Posts: 453 Member
    Options
    I come from a family of 13 and am 6th from the top. I can only imagine the pressure my oldest sister felt. Luckily for her and mom we all our role to play all us older ones were responsible each morning to get one of the younger ones up, dressed and not only make our bed but theirs as well. Every Saturday we had to clean the house from top to bottom, walls, windows, washing and waxing floors(and buffing..lol) our house was probably the cleanest house in town...lol...again every one of us were given our jobs to do and none of us could do anything else until the whole house was clean.......we all spoiled the youngest, so yes I do agree the rules did not apply and you are right about the oldest as I learned from them what we could and couldn't get away with....lol...........some fine memories of our working bees though. Each night at supper while washing the dishes we would have a sing song...lol......I remember every word of some of the songs we use to sing.........Mom and dad encouraged it as long as we all sang the same song........as some times we would have arguments and a couple of us would decide to sing what we wanted...lol................WOW who would have thought a post like @RangerRickL made would set off all these memories...........Thanks Rick as these are some of my favorite memories
  • I_can_do_this2
    I_can_do_this2 Posts: 294 Member
    Options
    I gardened for 3 hours today.
    I stayed within my calorie budget.
    I recorded everything I ate and drank.

Have a great day, everyone.
  • lovesretirement
    lovesretirement Posts: 2,661 Member
    Options
    Yes x 3 today, but it was a struggle. I need to change up my food. No weight loss plus food boredom is a recipe for disaster! :#

• tinacuso
    tinacuso Posts: 4,256 Member
    Options
    Did I exercise for at least 20 minutes? Yes, 45 minutes on the elliptical
    Did I stay within my calorie budget for the day? Yes
    Did I keep track of everything I ate and drank? Yes

@RangerRickL - Your post made me laugh. I am the oldest of 3 and those statements definitely held true while we were kids. However, my sister, who is the youngest, chose to move near my parents when they moved to Florida. She has been a great help to them as they got older.
    Also as we were getting ready to adopt my daughter my son turned to my husband and I and said, "Don't do this for me. I love being an only child." I guess children like to have parents undivided attention.

@aeshippers - Your pictures are beautiful. New Zealand looks amazing.

• fightingthetideofaging
    Options
    Did I exercise for at least 20 minutes? Yes, 30 minute walk
  • RangerRickL
    RangerRickL Posts: 8,469 Member
    Options
    Thanks for all of your interesting posts about family life, roles, and histories!
    @aeshippers Thank you for the beautiful photos of your homeland!!
    My daily report:
    Exercise: easy day walking. 35 minutes at 4 mph on the treadmill
    Calories: quite a way under the limit
    Tracking: very good
  • pribud
    pribud Posts: 453 Member
    Options
    Very busy today exercise wise 90 minutes in the pool, 30 minutes on my exercise bike, also did some housework, laundry and shopping
    calories yes, under for regular allowance
    tracking yes
  • phoebelayla
    phoebelayla Posts: 1,186 Member
    Options
    Yes x 3. Spin for 45 min and walk for 20. Are well.
  • pears734
    pears734 Posts: 496 Member
    Options
    Exercise? Yes; 20 minute run
    Calories? Yes
    Tracking? Yes

I am only one of two kids in my family, and we're only two years apart in age, so the dynamic didn't play out like it might in larger families. We're both leaders, and our parents spoiled us both haha.

My relationship is finally to that point where we can stay in and cook, rather than eating out! It is a relief, because I feel that even healthy choices at restaurants are not very healthy. Tonight, we cooked chicken breasts with oven-roasted vegetables. Maybe it will get the scale to start to move down again haha.
  • lamlamsmakeover
    lamlamsmakeover Posts: 6,574 Member
    Options
    PASS Day 3

Super busy with my training on new software, and then I went out to dinner with hubby, his sister and brother-in-law and niece, as they were on a school field trip in my city that day. I DID, however, get a 40-min outdoor walk in.

I'm fairly confident I can end this month in the winner's circle.. :smile:
  • markmacare
    markmacare Posts: 198 Member
    Options
    Did I exercise for at least 20 minutes? Yes, 45 minutes of recovery - Yoga and foam rolling