April 22 Sign-In

Options
RangerRickL
RangerRickL Posts: 8,469 Member
Did I exercise for at least 20 minutes?
Did I stay within my calorie budget for the day?
Did I keep track of everything I ate and drank?

Replies

• RangerRickL
    Options
    rn44y2pbd4ue.jpg

Most mornings, I get up about 5:00 a.m. and I go to bed after 10:00 p.m. Today, Saturday, I'm sleeping in. How many of you have trouble getting enough rest?
  • rsmotivated
    rsmotivated Posts: 92 Member
    Options
    me, I get up at 1:45 am I have to be to work at 3 am. My biggest issue is trying to go to bed by 7 pm. Which is harder now that its nice outside and still sunny.
  • aeshippers
    aeshippers Posts: 416 Member
    Options
    @pribud congratulations on your weight loss
    @phoebelayla another reason I love New Zealand, none of the wildlife wants to kill me

Have WiFi at the motel so will be fine checking in for next few days

Exercise: 29 minutes on the rowing machine before we left this morning and over an hour of walking in a couple of stops along the way and exploring once here.
    Calories and tracking both OK
  • SweetPeasMom55
    SweetPeasMom55 Posts: 3,385 Member
    Options
    I can go to bed even if it is light outside. Though I think it helps my husband and the dog are already snoring kind of lulls me to sleep.

Got to bed late last night have to work this morning I am exhausted. Then I need to find grandma pants for rehab. My mom asked me to get them so of course I will even though all I want to do is come home after work. I guess I will go out shopping and hope the first place I go is a success. It's not easy finding high waisted, elastic waist, with pockets pants with a decent leg now it has to be soft material and decent leg so it doesn't rub against her incision. Wish me luck. Have a great day everyone!
  • lovesretirement
    lovesretirement Posts: 2,661 Member
    Options
    @2020pinktogo...try yoga pants. They are soft, elastic waist, have pockets and come in various leg openings.
  • phoebelayla
    phoebelayla Posts: 1,186 Member
    Options
    After going to a conference yesterday about infant sleep injuries (newborn falls from mom's arm when she falls asleep in bed etc) and infant sleep deaths at home, I have to say: get that kid sleeping on a firm surface on his back right this second! Ok, I know it is just a photoshoot, and now I can admit it is truly adorable.

Over the years I have worked some crazy schedules and hours, sometimes with no sleep consistency or solid stretches of sleep. I treasure my sleep and the older I get, the more of a priority it is! Thankfully right now (and hopefully ever again!) my work doesn't require getting up in the middle of the night after already working during the day. I may get up super early a few times per month but that is just fine. I sleep hard and well.
  • SweetPeasMom55
    Options
    @lovesretirement love the new photo!!! First store I went to had yoga pants but all low rider or natural waist. I need just under your boobs or that's where grandma wears them pants. ;) So I went to the place that's more like a warehouse. You literally just dig through racks. This older woman goes to me "Baby just what r u searching for with such a scowl on your face? When I told her she goes "Lord bless you child for being so determined." I did find 4 pairs of pants. I spent a total of 13.00. I found the other lady 2 pair of pants. My color choice wasn't great 3 pairs are black one is blue. All different though. Hopefully grandma likes them.
  • am_change
    am_change Posts: 1,010 Member
    Options
    @phoebelayla that sounds a traumatic conference.

I've had a hectic few days and have just about managed to keep up with your posts and you're all doing amazingly. I haven't posted because I haven't tracked every blt and have probably gone over on calories. Work's been busy, had an interview for a post grad course and have my daughter's baptism tomorrow. However that's life and this group is all about a healthy lifestyle and I need to be able to do it all the time. :(

Well done everyone else and thanks for showing me how it's done.

As for sleep I need lots. My daughter is teething so I've not been getting lots. It's 9.50 and I will be asleep by 10. Night all!

• SweetPeasMom55
    Options
    @am_change don't get down. Life is for the living. When you are truly living life it's not neat and tidy its messy and chaotic with a sprinkle of semi order so you think you're in control. It's not about doing it all the time just most of the time. You got this it's all about the spin you put on it. <3 I know I can be all positive now that I am back to my regular office. ;)
  • lovesretirement
    Options
    @2020pinktogo...glad you found the pants!
  • lovesretirement
    Options
    Exercise? Yes 25 minute dog walk
    Tracking? Yes
    Within calories? Yes
  • I_can_do_this2
    I_can_do_this2 Posts: 294 Member
    Options
    Walked for 50 minutes. It began to rain on the way back so I'm glad we got out when we did.
    I stayed within my calorie budget today.
    I tracked everything I ate and drank.

Got to do my taxes tomorrow :# - my walk will be important - something to look forward to!
  • fightingthetideofaging
    Options
    Did I exercise for at least 20 minutes? Yes..90 minute walk
    Did I stay within my calorie budget for the day? Yes
    Did I keep track of everything I ate and drank? Yes
  • RangerRickL
    Options
    vgtkcf7qmrej.jpg
    I live in Northeastern IL, on a small farm. This time of the year, my wife and I, love to walk through our woodland area and be among the spring flowers. Today, the woods is filled with Virginia bluebells.
    The wind was blowing and they were waving in the breeze.
    1.jpg 114K
  • RangerRickL
    Options
    @phoebelayla Thanks for your beautiful photos!!
    I spent lots of time doing barn and garage post-winter cleaning. Plenty of exercise in those chores.
    Calories: about 240 below limit
    Tracking: It's the secret sauce to success in the UAC
  • karenleona
    karenleona Posts: 3,959 Member
    Options
    5 cheetahs- hope you feel better tomorrow and are filled with energy
    Lovesretirement- nicely done!
    am_change- don't wait till you have a perfect day to post! Post whatever you want and perhaps we can help you stay on track. Sounds like things are very busy for you right now. Remember to take care of you!

Over 10,000 steps today. Logged everything and under calories!
  • fitqueenbess
    fitqueenbess Posts: 372 Member
    Options
    How pretty those blue bells. One could prolong the spring by traveling a bit north every week. Our blue bells and red buds are already a memory. Everywhere is that rich, soft baby green.

I'm afraid yesterday was a total pass day. In the afternoon we went to a one-year-old birthday party that looked like Pintrest on steroids. Later we went downtown to a dinner party. I lost my way....
  • phoebelayla
    phoebelayla Posts: 1,186 Member
    Options
    Yes x 3
    Lifted weights, exercise bike for 20 min, walk for 45