Are Knee Sleeves Worth The Money?

Options
Majahonke
Majahonke Posts: 14 Member
I'm a masters+ crossfitter looking for a little help for my knees. Just wondering if knee sleeves are worth the investment. Any recommendations out there?

Replies

• Elegra2006
    Elegra2006 Posts: 144 Member
    Options
    Absolutely! Please look after your knees, I've got early onset arthritis in mine and it's already curtailing some of my training so please get knee sleeves if you're starting to feel a little creaky.
    They make such a difference, increase blood flow and add a little extra support.
    I have Rocktape 5mm which weren't expensive at all, Rehband are also pretty cheap too.
  • Majahonke
    Options
    Thank you. I've got arthritis starting, too. Have read pros/cons of sleeves. The warmth of them alone may help.
  • Mummyadams
    Mummyadams Posts: 1,125 Member
    Options
    absolutely - I use the Rehband ones. Had slightly dodgy knees from too much running and i now use them for anything squatting. I feel supported and much more confident to go heavy and my knees feel much stronger and never hurt any more.
  • Majahonke
    Options
    Good to know. Take care. Thanks.
  • marathon_44
    marathon_44 Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    I also like mine for lunges (provides cushion to the knee on the floor) and on my right shin to protect from skin abrasions during rope climbs (knee socks don't quite cut it for me).
  • Majahonke
    Options
    Good points to consider.Thank you.
  • Majahonke
    edited May 2017
    Options
    I've been wearing Rehband sleeves for a few weeks now. Everyone's advice was spot on. Thank you all.
  • coraquality
    coraquality Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I wish I wore them more because they definitely help. Gotta keep the knees strong.