How can we help each other?

Options
mweckler
mweckler Posts: 623 Member
Hello all, what can I do to help kickstart this group once more? What are you looking for out of this group?

Replies

• cindytomek
    cindytomek Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    I'd like to visit with people about ways to deal with BED. I make up plenty of excuses and deny that I have a problem. It's only recently that I have been labeled and still have my heels dug in. I know it's real but since people don't really share this type of stuff with their friends and family, I tend to not have much of a true comparison.
  • chr1st1na6464
    chr1st1na6464 Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    I'm getting help for BED for the first time in my life. Before now, it was my secret. Only two or three people in my life have ever known the extent of it. I'm going to go to a BED Treatment Program soon--intensive outpatient. I'm partially skeptical because BED is basically just newly recognized as an eating disorder. Worried about interacting with anorexics and bulimics and getting triggered. I need help...lots of folks have mentioned "excuses" in their posts...wonder if we should have a topic about that? Excuses we tell ourselves to binge? Excuses to binge? I'd also like to explore what works as far as staying "sober." Or "on the wagon" as in--not bingeing?