April 2017

Options
SweetPeasMom55
SweetPeasMom55 Posts: 3,385 Member
edited April 2017 in Social Groups
Ok you know how your in a challenge group for a long time but something comes up and one challenge you may not participate in much at all. Well there is a group that I am in and I am a slacker. I happened to go on and a few women were posting how defeating it was to the group when people didn't participate in the spreadsheet but signed up how it made the group look bad and could the people be removed yada yada. Well I said I was not one of the offending people on the spread sheet as I knew I would have problems this time so I didn't put myself on the spreadsheet. That things happen and I hope to be more active in the next challenge. Ok honestly I couldn't stand going on every morning and seeing a few of the people who logged in. You know those people the one's where Oh I am so blessed my life is wonderful and I did 8 million miles and only ate a cabbage leaf . Hey what can I say sometimes my life is just sh**ty and I eat candy. I prefer the honest people that can say it because life is not always easy. Ok sorry to be that whiny you know what. LOL ;)

Replies

• 1skholloway
    1skholloway Posts: 341 Member
    Options
    Yeah, I don't do challenge groups. I don't do well with them. I never seem to complete them. That one sounds hard core. I would have to ditch them. Life is too short to put up with that kind of stuff.
  • SweetPeasMom55
    Options
    Lol I know the thing is it was a nice group. It suddenly has a bunch of people who don't work and have no responsibilities or aren't care takers. Well when your time is your own they don't understand how every weekend I have to run to my parents. Just to take them to market or come spring to fix things around their home. Some have never worked you would think they would see how their partner works. In another group I met a woman who gave up her career to live off grid. Now she is amazing. She works her tuckus off to survive and be self sufficient. She is a real super hero. She makes me laugh and I think ok I may not be able to do what she can do but I can be brave and put on my big girl pants. Time for me to get moving. Mom will be waiting. ;)
  • 1skholloway
    Options
    Hope you have fun with your mom!
  • JCo702
    JCo702 Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    Ugh this sounds so frustrating! Isn't the point of a challenge group to help with motivation and accountability??

I literally just started a challenge group today (just a short 7-day one) focusing on abs & booty and I'd love to have you join me.

I'll be posting daily mini workouts and motivation...there's a meal plan up. I'm here for support but in no way will judge you if you're having a caca day! That's just sleazy! It's the first time I've hosted a challenge on MFP...I usually do them on Facebook, so it's a little bit of a learning curve for me and would love support along the way too!

LMK if you have questions!
  • SweetPeasMom55
    Options
    Mom and I are doing our best at keeping grandma in her apt. At 93 she is needing more assistance. Mom goes twice a week does shopping and bills I go twice a week clean up and do laundry. She told my mom she hasn't seen me since Xmas. Mom thinks by the end of the year she'll be moved over to the assisted living section. I really don't mind helping out my parents as they have been there for me 100 percent. My grandmother is hard as she only thought of herself all her life. I do it for my mom. Why I mention it is today is a late day for me and I could go to her apt before work. I just never know what I may be in for at her apt and I don't want to be feeling like I want to shower. ;)
    I guess I will be doing it after.
  • SweetPeasMom55
    Options
    Well I have agreed to work an extra week at the branch. So I have this week and next week. :/ As long as I get to return to the main branch I can deal with this. 3 weeks is like an eternity.I will go back and I will have to be refreshed on main branch stuff as I don't get to do it at the branch.
  • 1skholloway
    Options
    @2020pinktogo I bet the bank loves having you because you are flexible and willing to do most anything they ask of you.
  • NewOR2015
    NewOR2015 Posts: 1,018 Member
    Options
    Hi, all. I continue to have problems getting over to the new month! I was still checking out our March posts. It's 11pm, and I'm having trouble getting to sleep. Tomorrow is my annual physical. I don't know why I worry about things. Que será será. What will be will be.
  • NewOR2015
    Options
    I used to do the walking challenges when I was retired and kept up with them every day. Now, that I'm working again I don't have the time (or energy) to do it daily. I should, but I don't. I have made a decision to switch my work location though...to get away from the constant celebrating with food. (That's just one of many reasons.) My future will look healthier. :)
  • SweetPeasMom55
    Options
    OMG this branch is crazy hey Betty went to the bathroom pass out the candy to celebrate. Hey I can't go to the bathroom. Someone run to Tim Hortons for coffee and donuts because that's just sad.. I am not over exaggerating. Someone runs to Tim Hortons usually twice a day. Not I as I am not a coffee drinker and am not getting on their band wagon.
  • SweetPeasMom55
    Options
    @NewOR2015 I think you will do well at the Dr. <3 good luck!!
  • 1skholloway
    Options
    Often there is unhealthy food at my office. It can be tough to abstain from it sometimes. I was so grateful when my office was moved away from the break room.

I drink much more coffee since drastically reducing my soda intake. I just put stevia and sometimes creamer in it so I don't do high calorie coffee. Coffee supposedly increases metabolism and increases your stamina for work outs. I still drink plenty of water. I always have at least one drink on my desk, sometimes 3.

I try to drink at least 32 ounces of water before leaving for work. Sometimes I get 64 ounces in. I still drink some during the day but I tend to drink coffee more. I won't buy yeti cups buy I found good insulated 16 ounce coffee cups that keep coffee warm for a few hours that are a pretty bronze color. I bought one for home and one for work.

@NewOR2015 praying all goes well for you at the doctor.
  • NewOR2015
    Options
    My dr visit went well. Just waiting for lab results.

Never been a coffee drinker. I drink a lot of water, but mostly when I get home from work. At work, there's not much of a chance of getting a bathroom break so I limit the water intake in the mornings.
  • 1skholloway
    Options
    @NewOR2015 I'm glad your appointment went well.

I have to stop drinking much of anything around 5 pm or I have to get up in the night to go to the bathroom. This causes a problem on days when I work out, because I start my work out around 5 pm and I usually want to drink 32 oz. of water while I work out. I have found since I have lost weight my body doesn't need as much water as it used to need.

I am still trying to get my blood pressure up to a point to where I good. Getting off one med raised it from 98/68 to around 108/72. The doctor had increased another med at the same time to help with headaches. He decreased it again with the hope that my blood pressure will increase. It's been one day and since the decrease. I did some feel better yesterday although my bp stayed the same. My current bp is ok if I feel good. I woke with a headache today. I'm guessing the doctor may increase another migraine med, Gabapentin, that I don't like and wish I could get off but I can't even lower it 100 mg/day. My body slowly adjusted to it and I guess if it helps with headaches, then it's worth the side effects.

Happy weekend y'all!
  • SweetPeasMom55
    Options
    I took a walk on lunch today my day ended well. It started off rough I put my hand through 3 pairs of pantyhose so I just kept packing extra diet coke . By the end of the day I was so happy from the caffeine Buzz. The women were like OMG no more diet soda for you. I still feel very warm and fuzzy.LOL
  • 1skholloway
    Options
    @2020pinktogo lol! I'm glad your day got better! I think you made a good choice to exercise to improve your move naturally instead of relying solely on diet coke.

I enjoy a walk at lunch sometimes. I have a very pretty place to walk. It can be a great stress reducer.

I took today as a vacation day and I have tomorrow off! I have many things that I want to accomplish and I'm getting a massage. Dad had a small procedure done yesterday done to helpfully relief pain in his back and mom is ill with sinuses or allergies. I want to check on them at least by phone today. Dad seems to be fine and will take mom to the doctor if she needs to go. He wasn't supposed to drive yesterday but he did drive a little. I swear they are going to drive me to an early grave.

It looks like it's just going to be me and my parents for Easter so I guess Dad and I are going to be responsible for cooking Easter lunch. I'm sure Mom will be supervising from her wheelchair. Poor Dad! It's going to be a very long 3 months for him! I am trying to pin Mom down on a menu to determine if I need to go out on Saturday to prepare dishes early but she won't commit. I know what I would prepare if it were up to me. Unfortunately, it's not up to me. I suppose today, I when I call I can say something like "Dad is so busy preparing for his Easter sermon and taking care of you, why don't y'all let me take of the Easter meal?" I will still have to get Mom's approval on what I serve. Argh!!!!

Ok, gotta get busy if I'm going to accomplish all that I want to get done this weekend!
  • SweetPeasMom55
    Options
    Ok I cried at work today. I am at my breaking point though it must have gotten back to my boss because all I have to do is work Monday and I go back to the main office.
  • 1skholloway
    Options
    @2020pinktogo oh I'm so sorry. On the other hand, it may have been what needed to happen if that's what allows you to return to main office.
  • SweetPeasMom55
    Options
    It was bad our compliance officer was there and I broke down. She looked across the building at me. 2 hours later 2 of the big wigs returned to speak with the manager. When they were leaving they go to me all you have to do is work Monday then you get to come back. I think when the branch is asking for help. No one will go over there and you see a normally happy person sobbing things get put into action.
  • 1skholloway
    Options
    @2020pinktogo well it sounds like the branch needs to be reworked. Maybe your crying will help to bring that about the needed change.