Madison Cyclists?

Options
MomChemist
MomChemist Posts: 19 Member
Hello all -- I am new to MFP (although I have done other similar programs many times). I like the portability of MFP, and I am being absolutely careful about tracking my food and exercise this time around. So.... this time I am going to do this!

I am wondering if there are any other fitness cycle folks out there in this group. I regularly ride 15-25 miles for exercise, and I love the country roads around Dane County. Last year, I trained for and participated in the AIDS Ride, so I was putting in many hours getting ready for the 300 miles in 4 days. This year, my riding is a bit more casual, but it is what keeps me happy and motivated.

Replies

• Jeannie_SP
    Jeannie_SP Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Hi there! Yes, I cycle (indoors and outdoors) for exercise and fun! I just got back into biking after a long hiatus. I trained this spring/summer for a 2-day, 150-mile ride along Lake Michigan to raise money for the Leukemia and Lymphoma Society. I haven't ridden much since then (July 20-21) because I've been pretty busy. I typically ride on bike paths around the city because I am nervous about being on country roads but in years past I loved exploring all the small towns in Dane County. I am not a particularly fast rider but I have good endurance. I ride a sport hybrid, not a road bike.

Where was the AIDS Ride? There are some other fun rides in the area this fall I thought I might try. The Tyranena Oktoberfest Bike Ride has a 25, 50, and 70-mile route.

It looks like you're making great progress on MFP! It works really well for me, too, as long as I use it diligently!