Day one

Options
fitdaisygrrl
fitdaisygrrl Posts: 139 Member
A bit about me. When I had my son a few years ago (5 now!) I had to be induced because he wasn't growing. Turned out the umbilical cord was short a chamber and he wasn't getting the nutrition he needed. I looked this up afterwards and found that it's common for women who have celiac to get diagnosed after this same issue.
So.. I asked my doctor if I could be tested. She said to just go on a gluten free diet and see how I felt. Hmmm, well, I tried but didn't stick with it. I didn't know about symptoms and didn't want to just jump into the gluten free fad without medical necessity.

Well, flash forward. I realized a lot of my symptoms are adding up to celiac or gluten intolerance. Waking up and feeling like I need more sleep (and waking up a lot throughout the night). Bumpy arm skin. My tooth broke last year. I broke my leg this year (I fainted in the bathroom and had a very serious break).The most annoying thing is that there are some days (mostly late afternoon or early evening) where I feel like I'm 6 months pregnant and am soooo bloated. I used to attribute this to dairy or maybe a uti, maybe eating bad. But nothing ever really fit. There'd be some days where I ate perfect and yet, I was embarassed to go out because not only was I gassy, but I couldn't even bend over I was so bloated.

Yesterday, I was eating out and started feeling dizzy. I was worried I would faint again. And frustrated because it was like a few bites into my calzone and I just felt like I was so full and going to throw up. I went to the bathroom and well, I won't divulge those details. But when I got back to the table I started looking up celiac and gluten intolerance. I realized the last dizzy restaurant episode I had was very carb related (Red Lobster biscuits- I couldn't even eat my main course, I felt so full and bloated and dizzy and faint).

Upon more reading last night, I started seeing all the symptoms in my life. All at different times and all excused by doctors as other things or unexplainable or I started sounding like a hypochondriac.

I decided to try this and see how it goes. I figured a month is a good start. I'm pretty excited because if this works then I can stop feeling crappy, maybe finally lose weight (really struggling!!!) and maybe get evenings out without looking and feeling pregnant.

Anyone else relate or have tips?

Replies

• esaucier17
    esaucier17 Posts: 694 Member
    Options
    Have you had a full panel of blood work done for your Thyroid?