Have you tried GLP1 medications and found it didn't work for you? We'd like to hear about your experiences, what you tried, why it didn't work and how you're doing now. Click here to tell us your story

Daily Check in (Apr 10-Apr 16)

AZLisaLou
AZLisaLou Posts: 240 Member
This group has been dormant for quite a while. Does anyone want to come back and offer support, tell your efforts, and have conversation?

I'll start off by saying that I've had a renewed effort for the past week. My diabetes A1c got worse from the last time I had my labs done. I have to see him today to go over the blood work results. I know he's going to want to put me on more medication, but I don't want to. The worse numbers is my own fault because of drinking the soda in excessive amounts every single day. I don't want to be on more medication for something that I can so easily make a difference in just by changing my habits. So this past week instead of the 40-60 oz of Coke I was having every day, I had a total of 22 oz all week--a few sips during the week and 1 large soda yesterday while I was grocery shopping. Maybe that will be my one treat of soda during the week...just while doing the week's grocery shopping. I did very well the whole week, and I found myself not obsessing over the fact that I wasn't having it. I'm very encouraged that I can succeed. My morning blood glucose levels went from the 180's before this past week to the 150's since I mostly gave up soda.

Also, my 17 year old son wants to go on a 1500 calorie/day diet plan. He wants to go by the options given on a plan he found on the internet. Instead of making a special dinner for him and then a dinner for everyone else, EVERYONE is going to eat Matthew's meal plan dinners. This is my way of being supportive to him and his efforts. He's playing a crucial role in his eating habits by choosing all the meals and snacks on his list, and I'm here to show him I'm behind him 100%. I keep telling him that he can have regular food, just in moderation. But he doesn't believe that all calories are the same. He thinks carb calories are different than protein calories. I explained to him that the calories are the same, but he can also balance his macros throughout the day. The recipes on his menu are new ones for us...like shrimp, mushroom, zucchini & garlic with whole wheat pasta. I personally don't like shrimp, so I'll put it on the side for anyone who wants it to add it themselves. It will be adventure working with Matthew on his daily meal plans.

What has been going on with all of you?

Replies

• NadiaMayl
    NadiaMayl Posts: 496 Member
    Ugh, sorry I've been MIA! It's been a couple of busy weeks.
    I'm trying to get through the shock of how life will be changing soon, when school starts for me. And I'm really scared. That I'll hate being away from the kids, that I'll be sooo busy I won't have time to enjoy things or exercise, I'll have to quit PTA -likely, that I'll fail, that I'll seem like a quitter or a looser. Sssoooo much self-defeating going on, it's been tiresome!
    Plus trying to get back to a healthy routine and back to the gym regularly! That's been working out well. Spin and Barbell classes and treadmill at home! Might be too soon, but I start seeing a little definition in my arms again!
    Other than that, kids to soccer, PTA stuff, traveling husband again, the usual!

Great job on the reduced soda! I know it's really hard! One day/week at a Time!
    Having your son want to get healthier is a great motivator, the entire family am benefit! Good luck!!!
    Let's see if we can get the group sizzle again! ;) cmon ladies, come back from hiding!
  • Kerryatoon
    Kerryatoon Posts: 374 Member
    Hi! I'm alive. I'm heavy. I'm lazy. I have now gained back all the weight I lost. :neutral: On the plus side I'm 11 months smoke-free.. so there's that!

BUT I'm so tired of sitting on my *kitten* getting bigger and bigger. My back hurts. I'm tired all the time. I need to get back to the gym and start tracking every day again. This is ground zero, my bottom. I'm ready to get back to work ladies!
  • NadiaMayl
    NadiaMayl Posts: 496 Member
    @Kerryatoon well girl get your bum bum back in action!!! It sucks to go to ground zero, it's frustrating, but better than start now again than to never do it!!!!! We're here... mostly... hahaha
    And 11 months smoke free is TREMENDOUS!!!!