Junk Food for the Soul

Options
Verity1111
Verity1111 Posts: 3,309 Member
edited April 2017 in Social Groups
I don't always log my veggies and I don't eat fresh food usually (microwaved sorry guys but I have kids with special needs and Im in college so no time to cook all day lol). Am I still welcome here?

Moderator note: Everyone's welcome and has different circumstances that help shape their diet. This thread is for those who tend to eat more processed vegetarian foods, whether preference or necessity! Share your favorite snacks, microwave meals, etc.

Replies

• crazyycatlady1
    crazyycatlady1 Posts: 292 Member
    edited April 2017
    Options
    I think this group is going to be pretty laid back (I hope lol), and not such a stickler for 'rules'-and includes all of us who are on the vegetarian/flexitarian/don't know what the heck we are yet (lol!) spectrum :#

I'm currently transitioning to a more nutrient dense, whole foods diet, but I also have no problem eating the Halo Top Oatmeal Cookie ice cream in my freezer later today :D
  • Verity1111
    Verity1111 Posts: 3,309 Member
    Options
    yum! Now I want to eat my smores halo top...lol
  • glassofroses
    glassofroses Posts: 653 Member
    edited April 2017
    Options
    I eat processed food all the time. As I always say, 'you'll have to pry it out of my cold dead hands...'. In an ideal world we'd all eat super fresh and healthy produce but that's not life. I eat those Quaker Oats sachets for breakfast rather than rolled oats and adding my own fruit, I buy wholemeal granary bread that probably has hormones in it because it tastes good and I eat from my freezer most nights. And guess what? I lost a lot of weight doing it. Don't sweat the small stuff. Just make sure you're portion controlling what you eat to what your goals are and you'll be okay.
  • crazyycatlady1
    crazyycatlady1 Posts: 292 Member
    Options
    Verity1111 wrote: »

Finding Halo Top around here is like finding a unicorn, it's crazy how fast the stuff sells out! There's only one store chain that carries it and a couple of them now have an entire freezer section just for Halo Top, and they're usually empty grrrr. I lucked out this morning though and was at one of the stores that had just restocked-I think they had every flavor offered, I about had a heart attack lol. Unfortunately at $6.50 a container I could only justify 1, so I'm finally going to try the oatmeal cookie one today! I sooo wanted the Red Velvet too, but there's no way I could explain $13 in ice cream for myself, to my husband :p
  • glassofroses
    glassofroses Posts: 653 Member
    Options

Finding Halo Top around here is like finding a unicorn, it's crazy how fast the stuff sells out! There's only one store chain that carries it and a couple of them now have an entire freezer section just for Halo Top, and they're usually empty grrrr. I lucked out this morning though and was at one of the stores that had just restocked-I think they had every flavor offered, I about had a heart attack lol. Unfortunately at $6.50 a container I could only justify 1, so I'm finally going to try the oatmeal cookie one today! I sooo wanted the Red Velvet too, but there's no way I could explain $13 in ice cream for myself, to my husband :p

I live in England so I just get to hear about how awesome Halo Top is because they don't sell it here. :disappointed: YooMoo is a frozen yoghurt brand, nowhere near as low cal as HT, that does really good froyo. They just brought out a vanilla flavour that has a swirl of honey and granola running through it. :love:
  • alybran
    alybran Posts: 199 Member
    Options
    I can make a junk food thread maybe? I mean I love stuff like Gardein and Morningstar etc. I've also found these vegetarian Fusia Asian inspiration food bowls that cook in the microwave in 2 minutes. We're totally not against junk food! :smile:

Also, expecting people to eat all fresh/whole foods etc is elitist and totally classist. But I won't go into that. :wink:
  • alybran
    alybran Posts: 199 Member
    Options
    alybran wrote: »
    I can make a junk food thread maybe? I mean I love stuff like Gardein and Morningstar etc. I've also found these vegetarian Fusia Asian inspiration food bowls that cook in the microwave in 2 minutes. We're totally not against junk food! :smile:

Also, expecting people to eat all fresh/whole foods etc is elitist and totally classist. But I won't go into that. :wink:

I just changed the name of this thread to "Junk Food for the Soul"! Let me know what you think.
  • Staceyt68
    Staceyt68 Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    "Junk Food" as in the brownies made with black beans? I so want to try this receipt. Have to wait till next week since I gave up sweets for lent!
  • purebredpolly
    purebredpolly Posts: 318 Member
    Options

HALO LEMON!!!! YUM!!!!! Oh, and the Birthday cake flavor! CRAZY!

• purebredpolly
    Options
    Staceyt68 wrote: »
    "Junk Food" as in the brownies made with black beans? I so want to try this receipt. Have to wait till next week since I gave up sweets for lent!

Would you please share your recipe. Pretty please. :smiley:

• Staceyt68
    Staceyt68 Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    http://allrecipes.com/recipe/237100/brownie-mix-black-bean-brownies/

here is the one I am going to make on Sunday! I will be using dark chocolate mix, can never go wrong with the dark chocolate!
  • purebredpolly
    Options
    Staceyt68 wrote: »
    http://allrecipes.com/recipe/237100/brownie-mix-black-bean-brownies/

here is the one I am going to make on Sunday! I will be using dark chocolate mix, can never go wrong with the dark chocolate!

Thank you!!!
  • Kwoconnor
    Kwoconnor Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    Dominos Veggie Supreme (large), Garlic Bread, two dips to go with it and an ice cream to top it off :smile: My cheat meal on a Saturday (and sometimes Sunday).

I still log the entire meal in MFP though just to keep me honest.