Dining Out

Options
2»

Replies

• shelbypx92
    shelbypx92 Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    shelbypx92 wrote: »
    Honestly, my go-to is Subway. I love eating a sandwich with just raw veggies but husband gets the veggie patty! I didn't even know they had a veggie patty until a couple of weeks ago, but it's really good. We also eat a lot of Mediterranean food (falafel and tahini salads are bae).

WOW! Subway has a veggie patty? I need to check that out!!! Thanks!

Just make sure you get it toasted, I think the patty would be a little funky at room temp. But it's good with the honey mustard dressing and some provolone cheese!
  • purebredpolly
    purebredpolly Posts: 318 Member
    Options
    Honestly, my go-to is Subway. I love eating a sandwich with just raw veggies but husband gets the veggie patty! I didn't even know they had a veggie patty until a couple of weeks ago, but it's really good. We also eat a lot of Mediterranean food (falafel and tahini salads are bae).

WOW! Subway has a veggie patty? I need to check that out!!! Thanks!

Just make sure you get it toasted, I think the patty would be a little funky at room temp. But it's good with the honey mustard dressing and some provolone cheese!

Thanks for the heads up! :smile:

• Staceyt68
    Staceyt68 Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    had to share my lasted adventure eating out. Went to a "authentic" Mexican restaurant, looked like a small "mom and pop" place. Asked for the Fajitas, veggies only please! I received a hot skillet plate of mixed frozen veggie packet (yes that would include the carrots, Lima bean, string bean and corn, you know the one you use to make soup!) along with fresh green peppers mixed in. It was the most interesting Veggie Fajitas I have ever had. So lesson learned, I will ask what veggies are used before I place my order.

How hard is it to cut up fresh onion, peppers and mushrooms and serve with tortillas. Well I guess it was easier to open a frozen bag of mixed veggies and put them on a hot plate and serve. Never eating there again!
  • glassofroses
    glassofroses Posts: 653 Member
    Options
    Staceyt68 wrote: »
    had to share my lasted adventure eating out. Went to a "authentic" Mexican restaurant, looked like a small "mom and pop" place. Asked for the Fajitas, veggies only please! I received a hot skillet plate of mixed frozen veggie packet (yes that would include the carrots, Lima bean, string bean and corn, you know the one you use to make soup!) along with fresh green peppers mixed in. It was the most interesting Veggie Fajitas I have ever had. So lesson learned, I will ask what veggies are used before I place my order.

How hard is it to cut up fresh onion, peppers and mushrooms and serve with tortillas. Well I guess it was easier to open a frozen bag of mixed veggies and put them on a hot plate and serve. Never eating there again!

That sounds awful! Did it at least taste okay?

I'm going out for brunch tomorrow at a new place near me that does healthy foods like smoothies and such so we'll see what I can find! I know for a fact if they offer pancakes for lunch my bestie is sorted. :smiley:
  • glassofroses
    glassofroses Posts: 653 Member
    Options
    Results are in and I'd definitely go back to Lockie's Kitchen. It's a local place so it's a shame that none of you can try it. :disappointed: But basically we got there too late for breakfast as most of it had sold out but they did a healthy vegetarian fry up (with veggie sausages and alike) which I'd love to try when they have the stuff. I ended up with traditional pancakes with blueberries and honey (only complaint was there was way too much honey) and when I asked they made me an almond milk latte. You can even add protein powder to your pancakes if you're training which I thought was brilliant. The sides for the mains were great, lots of sweet potato options as well as white potato, you could have white, wholemeal or protein bread for your sandwich/burger bun. It was just so nice to go to a place and be able to order something that wasn't cooked in grease and will make me feel sick later on. :heart:
  • jfp420
    jfp420 Posts: 186 Member
    Options
    Anyone else live near White Castle? They are now offering a vegan Black Bean slider in addition to the veggie slider. I hope to get there soon and check it put.
  • Athijade
    Athijade Posts: 3,280 Member
    Options
    Ugh, finding it a pain in the behind to find some good options in Downtown Indianapolis! My ex is coming up for Gen Con in August and he can not eat meat any more (well, he can have very lean chicken/turkey like once a week) so he eats mostly vegetarian/vegan. I did find some Indian, Thai, and Pizza/Pasta places but so many restaurants have so few choices besides salads (and many of those would have to be altered). This really stinks!
  • jfp420
    Options
    Athijade wrote: »
    Ugh, finding it a pain in the behind to find some good options in Downtown Indianapolis! My ex is coming up for Gen Con in August and he can not eat meat any more (well, he can have very lean chicken/turkey like once a week) so he eats mostly vegetarian/vegan. I did find some Indian, Thai, and Pizza/Pasta places but so many restaurants have so few choices besides salads (and many of those would have to be altered). This really stinks!

Try the Happy Cow website. It always helps me find veggie friendly restaurants.
  • jfp420
    Options
    Anyone looking for a yummy option at Starbucks? The Hearty Veggie and Brown Rice Bowl is really good.
  • nic_27_grassisgreener
    nic_27_grassisgreener Posts: 193 Member
    Options

Hi! I live in Indiana, and I'm vegetarian. I can tell you of a few places I've like:

The Tamale Place has good vegetarian tamales - http://thetamaleplace.com/
    Rock Bottom has a homemade veggie burger - https://rockbottom.com/locations/indianapolis/menu/
    I get a veggie sandwich at Nine Irish often, and sometimes they have an additional vegetarian option for a special - http://www.nineirishbrothers.com/menu-items
    And, I haven't tried the Rook but it's on my short list - http://www.rookindy.com/

• diamondgurl39905
    diamondgurl39905 Posts: 1 Member
    Options

I live in Carmel, IN. I know this is response may be later than you needed, but I would highly recommend The Sinking Ship in Broad Ripple. Also, Three Sisters Cafe. YUM!