First Time Posting...Feeling Discouraged

Options
Hi Everyone,

I've been a member of MFP for years. I just havent been dedicated to logging.

I've been battling with my weight for years. I'd lose and get to goal and within a year , I've gained it back and starting all over again. I think I must have lost over 300 lbs and still going lol.

Since January I have lost 20lbs (22 left to go...again). Not one person has noticed. I asked my husband this morning if he's noticed and he couldn't answer me truthfully. He said he can see a bit of a difference in my face but that's it. He kept asking how I lost like he didn't believe me. Like how is it possible. I am crushed. He's always been my biggest supporter and noticed things first too. Maybe my scaleS and my measuring tape are broken. (Down 6 inches in my hips).
What bothers me even more, my friend has lost the same amount and EVERYONE has complimented her.

I just needed to vent. Thanks for listening.

Replies

• cshells0901
    cshells0901 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I completely understand why you would be frustrated. And the things I'm about to say I'm sure you have heard before, but it doesn't hurt to reiterate it. Each person holds their weight differently. And if you are true in what you say regarding your constant fluctuations it might take people a little longer to notice since. And, even thought you have lost an amazing amount of weight and inches, a lot of that fat could be fat surrounding your intestines which is harder to notice. Don't worry. Just continue pushing on and eventually people will notice. You are doing great