Fitbit, map my run and map question.

Options
kgirlhart
kgirlhart Posts: 4,976 Member
I have a fitbit one that is synced with mfp. I log all of my food on mfp and all of my exercise on fitbit. This has been working well for me although fitbit does seem to underestimate my calorie burn by about 200-250 calories per day. I have been using the fitbit app on my phone to track my runs. There have been a few times lately that after my run while i was looking at the data I got a message that the fitbit app had stopped and would restart. When it opened back up my run had been deleted. I am thinking about starting to use map my run instead to get my run data. I'm thinking that I should sync mmr with fitbit and not with mfp. Does anyone know if that is correct? I do not want to double count any calorie burns.

Replies

• bentobee
    bentobee Posts: 321 Member
    Options
    I track my walks in MMR, but don't sync with anything. But I have FitBit is synchronized with MFP, and extra step credit is converted to calories here. I hope that makes sense.
  • heybales
    heybales Posts: 18,842 Member
    Options
    If you found that the GPS distance was pretty far off the Fitbit distance (which is based on stride length) - then I'd correct your running stride length.

If the GPS track looked trustworthy for a good distance.

In which case, you don't need to sync over to Fitbit unless you just want the extra details in one place.
    I'm thinking MMR might have better details available to view though - once it syncs over to Fitbit, you'll probably lose something.

Nothing harmful in doing a few syncs and seeing.