May 24 Sign In

Options
RangerRickL
RangerRickL Posts: 8,469 Member
Did I exercise for at least 20 minutes?
Did I stay within my calorie budget for the day?
Did I keep track of everything I ate and drank?

Replies

• RangerRickL
    Options
    qc4xxwrtqu4w.jpg

P.S. not only the fridge, and the pantry, the shelves and hidden in that secret place you think nobody else knows about.
    Rick
    I do feel better today.
  • RangerRickL
    Options
    By the way, the June UAC listing is up. You can click on this link to join in http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/group/120881-ultimate-accountability-challenge-june-2017

Please say.."yes, I will!"
    Rick
  • pribud
    pribud Posts: 453 Member
    Options
    yes, I will, I mean did...lol :p
  • aeshippers
    aeshippers Posts: 416 Member
    Options
    Can't believe the month has gone so fast. Yes I have, thanks for setting it up Rick.

Exercise today: cycled to work, run at lunchtime and a quick 10 minute upper body strength workout this evening.
    Tracking​ and calories good.

Tomorrow I have a training/conference day with work so won't have much control over my food (particularly as I have to request special dietary requirements). I'll try my best and see how it goes.
  • SweetPeasMom55
    SweetPeasMom55 Posts: 3,385 Member
    Options
    I got up and exercised.I did 2 miles instead of 3 but I got up and got moving. Yesterday I was making stupid mistakes I was like OMG my brain needs oxygen and real food not jelly beans. I asked the neighbor across the street if I could put a mattress in his trash . It's crazy I live on the village side he is the town side. Village only does big pick up twice a year. Town you can put out 2 large pieces every week. He's a nice guy he's like sure what are my rules? ;) He is so silly I wish he could meet someone nice. He has the worst luck.
    Have a great day everyone!!
  • RangerRickL
    Options
    I did so much better today. What we eat really does either make us ill or make us healthy.
    Today was a cardio/strength interval day (high intensity followed by heart rate back to 70% of MHR). 45 minutes; 354 calories of burn; best pushup series in over a year (total of 156 pushups from 3 sets of different styles of pushups...just like my high school gym classes). 9 minutes of 30 seconds high intensity with jump rope followed by 30 seconds of rest. My cardio fitness is really improving since I added the rope.
    Have a great day!
  • phoebelayla
    phoebelayla Posts: 1,182 Member
    Options
    Yes I did!

Still sick and had a medical procedure yesterday, but getting through it. Sorry not too active here,but I will be.
  • karenleona
    karenleona Posts: 3,959 Member
    Options
    Out of town for a week. Will check in in the weekend. Staying in track tho
  • SweetPeasMom55
    SweetPeasMom55 Posts: 3,385 Member
    Options
    So I guess the bank normally has 20 people participate in the 5 k which supports scholarships at our high school for college bound graduates. So far we had 2 Yes you guessed it I signed up that made 3 . Lol Now they say oh come on sue signed up. So the 2 young guys signed up can't have me show them up. I told them the first guy that teases me about my outfit had better be running and not walking. :D I have to say it's nice working at a place where you can have such a we are team/ family mentality.
  • Dosse1320
    Dosse1320 Posts: 242 Member
    Options
    10,000 steps today. Feels good to be active again. On track. Good job @RangerRickL. You r really fit!! Glad @craigo3154 is joining us for another month. @aeshippers you rock. @phoebelayla hang in there. Being sick is no fun.
  • fightingthetideofaging
    fightingthetideofaging Posts: 470 Member
    Options
    Did I exercise for at least 20 minutes? Yes...45 minute Cardio Drumming class, 60 minute Hatha Yoga class.
    Did I stay within my calorie budget for the day? Yep
    Did I keep track of everything I ate and drank? Yep
  • SimonsChange
    SimonsChange Posts: 230 Member
    Options
    Did I exercise for at least 20 minutes? Yes 40 minute walk
    Did I stay within my calorie budget for the day? Yes
    Did I keep track of everything I ate and drank? Yes
  • RangerRickL
    Options
    Hello to all!
    I finished the day under on my calories by a significant margin and tracking was ok.
  • SephiraAllen
    SephiraAllen Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    Today is a "pass" day. :)
  • Gus130
    Gus130 Posts: 598 Member
    Options
    Yes, yes, yes. Started my day with the bike
  • pribud
    pribud Posts: 453 Member
    Options
    exercise yes 60 minutes aquafit, 30 minutes exercise bike, 45 minutes gardening
    calories yes way under
    tracking yes

Very good day overall
  • phoebelayla
    phoebelayla Posts: 1,182 Member
    Options
    Yes x3. Weights and walking.
  • bocasdelbobdog
    bocasdelbobdog Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    tracking yes, budget yes, exercise yes.

I always want to elaborate on exercise because that is the fun part of my life.
    Part of my brain is realizing and sympathizing that there are some vulnerable people in this group whose ability for that is kind of constrained.
    But it is still a big deal for me to accurately represent my exercise calories in my budget because I eat them usually. Big deal, well yeah today's exercise according to Garmin 1600 calories. Two days of that adds up to a pound. If I got that right, yay, a pound.
    But what is funny about it is that MFP only credits me with like 600 for that exercise. MFP sees it recorded as a leisurely bike riding less than 10 mph. Heh, shows my average speed being 5.8 mph for 2h17m. MFP sees that and says nice leisurely ride there grandpa. But MFP don't see that is a 2000 foot climb in there. There is youngsters that can climb that at 10 mph and I know who they are. Heh, 2000 feet is the vertical dimension of a ski area. So that is me climbing the ski area instead of taking the lift. @fitqueenbess knows what that entails.

But I don't know. It is back to accountability for me because of beer and recovery days. I really don't get 20 minutes on recovery days. So I have major metabolic differences like every other day. Over the past 4 months or so I have been up and down 5 pounds. Part of me says no big deal. Part of me says I should be able to control that a little better.

Last day of school today. Got to go say good bye to Buddy. I might not have him next year.