4/5 Check In

Options
ladyhusker39
ladyhusker39 Posts: 1,406 Member
Today was pretty awesome. I was fairly lazy during the day. I just went to Target and got in almost 4,000 steps. I've laid out a path to walk around the store so I can still get some walks in regardless of the weather.

I did double classes at the gym today. First was a boot camp. I was so excited by how many pushups I was able to do. Not sure how many throughout the class but it was A LOT for me. Super proud of this partly because my weight has stalled the last couple of weeks since I started strength training, but I'm definitely getting stronger!

The second was a Zumba class which I do for extra calorie burn and because it's just so darn fun. With so much burn, I'm about 800 calories under maintenance (I'm set to loose 1lb/wk). I'll bank those extra calories for our weekend getaway coming up.

Replies

• dumb_blondes_rock
    dumb_blondes_rock Posts: 1,568 Member
    Options
    Hey great job!!! I took a personal grieving.hiatus, but I'm back at it baby!!! Im going to get up and make some coffee, water my plants and go to the gym then work. I work at a restaurant and we have soooo many food options and i usually just get a side of chicken and asparagus or blackened salmon and asparagus, so my discipline at food ordering will come into play because i usually want a big burger or a clam chowder bread bowl, and i could REALLY go for a clam chowder bread bowl :/.

I hope everyone has an amazing friday. Does anyone have fun weekend plans?
  • SheilaCali
    SheilaCali Posts: 737 Member
    Options
    Ladyhusker, when I started weight training it was the same for me. I got smaller though. Two classes in a row is amazing!

I did my Jillian 30 day shred DVD today. Have my TOM, so no gym for a couple of days. My Bible study group is have a taco salad fiesta tonight (for Cinco de Mayo), so I need to save cals for that. After that, at 10pm, we're going to see Raiders of the Lost Ark on the big screen, and popcorn will be involved. Lots of eating at the end of the day, but I'm determined to stay with cals. Perhaps I won't need a big breakfast tomorrow (yeah right).
  • Mandamanda93
    Mandamanda93 Posts: 213 Member
    Options
    Crushed my goal for the week. I aimed to get 150 minutes of activity and I got 179. For the first week, I feel good! I hope that as the next few weeks progress, I can just keep moving forward and doing better and going harder every day.
    I'm having a really stressful week waiting to hear back about if I've been accepted into a firefighting program and also dealing with my ex. The urge to emotionally eat has never been so real =p Hope all y'all are doing well!
  • SheilaCali
    Options
    Mandamanda, congrats on meeting your goal! Even more so with all of the stress around you.

Small victory- I didn't gain after last night's salty eating! Today's Ladies' Tea will be more of a challenge. Lots of desserts, sandwiches, and I can't plan ahead. Last night I preplanned my eating. This morning I had a good breakfast (boring oatmeal w/chia seeds- yeah fiber!), and I hope there's some salad there today. I didn't eat the (surprise) birthday cake last night, as box cake just isn't worth it anymore. I'd hate to leave there hungry, but I'd like to lose my TOM weight, instead of keeping it on all month.
  • Mandamanda93
    Mandamanda93 Posts: 213 Member
    Options
    @SheilaCali , thank you! Props to you for foregoing birthday cake (like, truly, you are an idol for that). How did the Tea go?
  • dumb_blondes_rock
    dumb_blondes_rock Posts: 1,568 Member
    Options
    Hey manda thats awesome! I myself am trying to keep away from the foods, but found myself eating del taco last night:/. Today is THE day though, I've made it to the gym and did 30 mins on the stair stepper, and I'm going to be off on macros, but healthy choices of food have been made so far today, and planned for later as well. Im having zucchini noodle pasta for dinner, and i might go get some ground chicken to put inside it. Mmmmm.

Hows everyone doing today?
  • SheilaCali
    Options
    @SheilaCali , thank you! Props to you for foregoing birthday cake (like, truly, you are an idol for that). How did the Tea go?

The tea was exactly as I thought it would be. Lots of sandwiches, which I didn't partake of. I found some healthier looking salads, but ate some sweets. I went for the best looking, most satisfying homemade ones I could find. A scone, a chocolate chip cookie, and a very small slice of lemon cheesecake. And about a whole pot of tea. I stayed within cals, and actually have lost a pound since we started- it's my new low!

• ladyhusker39
    ladyhusker39 Posts: 1,406 Member
    Options
    I blinked and a week went by. I'm finally updating this. I went out of town for the weekend and ate a maintenance which was easier than I thought because we walked a ton and that gave me plenty of extra calories.

My weight had stalled for a couple of weeks, I'm assuming because I started a new strength routine of 3 days/wk. I take classes and the instructors push us pretty hard. The scale started showing changes yesterday. Today I was down 2.2 pounds from my weigh in on Monday. I'm assuming the water retention has released. I'm not nearly as sore as I was the first 2 weeks. I'm expecting/hoping over the next couple of weeks to see my weight loss rate level out to around a pound or so a week. I'm not sure because I've traded off some cardio time for strength which I understand burns fewer calories in the moment but I believe will serve my body better over the long run.

Oh, and this is pretty cool. I saw someone I hadn't seen since I started loosing weight in Feb and she said I looked "amazing". A compliment I haven't gotten in many years! Sweet!