5/6 Saturday Day 6 SLBC

Options
2»

Replies

• jdelgado3013
    jdelgado3013 Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    I just read the assigned article and this article too. Quite disturbing that exercise won't change anything if I keep on sitting more. Hmmmm.
    https://qz.com/223160/why-not-even-exercise-will-undo-the-harm-of-sitting-all-day-and-what-you-can-do-about-it/
  • themedalist
    themedalist Posts: 3,212 Member
    Options
    I just read the assigned article and this article too. Quite disturbing that exercise won't change anything if I keep on sitting more. Hmmmm.
    https://qz.com/223160/why-not-even-exercise-will-undo-the-harm-of-sitting-all-day-and-what-you-can-do-about-it/

The way I look at it, sitting a lot less is now recognized as one of the top lifestyle behaviors we need to adopt. We don't choose between eating a healthy diet and exercise, we need to do both. Similarly, we need to exercise AND sit less. Thanks for the article!
  • TKlepac
    TKlepac Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    I'm getting going! It's also important how you sit when you are sitting, especially at work. Be sure to sit back in your chair and not slouch and keep your hands/arms at the correct angle for working at a keyboard or desk.
  • arkaycee
    arkaycee Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    We took the opportunity to go out dancing on Saturday night for the first time in a long time (and I think not the last).
  • themedalist
    themedalist Posts: 3,212 Member
    Options
    arkaycee wrote: »
    We took the opportunity to go out dancing on Saturday night for the first time in a long time (and I think not the last).

Sounds great! Yes, I'm sure more dance-night-outs are in store for you!
  • jlperiard
    jlperiard Posts: 107 Member
    Options
    I loved the increased brain function benefit of exercising. An increase in memory would definitely be a huge benefit to me. Thanks for the great info.
    I am mostly taking it easy today, in preparation for the MS Walk tomorrow. I will be walking without my walker for the first time in years.
    I downloaded and set up a reminder app on my phone. Not sure if I like it but I'll give this one a try.