What's working?

Options
LaGrandePeche
LaGrandePeche Posts: 34 Member
Hey guys! What's working on your weight loss journey?

Replies

• ladylego1
    ladylego1 Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    Hey, for me personally i have to be really strict because if i'm not i tend to not follow it.. and start getting bad habits again. I tend to eat a lot of protein / veg and mainly eat clean... I will be going back to the gym after i have settled back into this all.

Gym i hate cardio with a passion plus i have a dodge knee from football (soccer) so tend to swim, lift and yoga would love to get into heavier lifting later.

hope to hear from how everyone else progress and there secrets

• LaGrandePeche
    Options
    ladylego1 wrote: »
    Hey, for me personally i have to be really strict because if i'm not i tend to not follow it.. and start getting bad habits again. I tend to eat a lot of protein / veg and mainly eat clean... I will be going back to the gym after i have settled back into this all.

Gym i hate cardio with a passion plus i have a dodge knee from football (soccer) so tend to swim, lift and yoga would love to get into heavier lifting later.

hope to hear from how everyone else progress and there secrets

I have to be strict too. It's just so easy to fall into bad habits. I don't end to make excuses for my self, like "oh I'll eat better tomorrow". I never do though. I need to have that self discipline.

How long do you swim for; I hear you can burn a hell of a lot of calories swimming. I just need to get the motivation too!

So glad things are working for you! We got this!

Cheers
  • caitky1013
    caitky1013 Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    I've just started on here, but the food diary is very motivational to me. It helps me focus and helps keep me on track. I'm actually eating more now knowing how many calories, carbs, protein, etc. that I can have to accomplish my goal.
    Another trick I use is when they have treats at work I take a peak at my diary for the day and ask myself WHY I want it. Usually the answer is just because it's there. Sounds silly, but when ever I look at it, keep repeating "I only want it because it's there" to myself and it helps. Then I chug some water and try to make myself feel a bit full so I won't just grab it. :D
  • rugratnation
    rugratnation Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Hi caitky. Logging my foods in the dairy has really taught me a lot too. I think I will adopt your mantra, "I only want it because it's there", that is very true most of the time, lol!
  • caitky1013
    caitky1013 Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    Surprisingly, as cheesy as it may sound, I have found it works for me. I hope you find that it does for you too!
  • sarahannevarty
    sarahannevarty Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    My manta is "two seconds on the lips but how long on the hips?" Something a coworker used to say. It is so true. I really have to think, is this worth it? Before eating something "bad."
  • LaGrandePeche
    Options
    caitky1013 wrote: »
    I've just started on here, but the food diary is very motivational to me. It helps me focus and helps keep me on track. I'm actually eating more now knowing how many calories, carbs, protein, etc. that I can have to accomplish my goal.
    Another trick I use is when they have treats at work I take a peak at my diary for the day and ask myself WHY I want it. Usually the answer is just because it's there. Sounds silly, but when ever I look at it, keep repeating "I only want it because it's there" to myself and it helps. Then I chug some water and try to make myself feel a bit full so I won't just grab it. :D

That's so true! I also eat out of boredom; keeping busy always helps! So happy you are liking the diary! I love it! Thanks for the tips!! :)