I can't do it anymore!

Options
Bulimia has been infecting everything in my life in an awful way for the past 2 years. I've had eating disorder problems since I was 12, but the binge and purge started then. My husband (now exhusband) left me I had a lot on my plate, and I used it as a way to cope. Since doing it I've lost weight, I've gained weight, but I can't do it anymore. It is such a disgusting habit that I've put ahead of everything else for way too long. I've spent money I don't have on food to throw up. Huge amounts of food that I just purge. I would choose b&p over hanging out with friends, trying to have/keep a boyfriend, anything. It's been my comfort and my worst enemy at the same time. I'm glad I found a group on here for ED recovery. It's so hard knowing what's 'healthy' and what's ED. I lost 75 pounds a few years ago and while I did it in a healthier way (eating healthier, working out), it got pretty obsessive. I don't know how to do 'normal' with eating. I feel so stupid that I have this problem. Any tips on how to work on being healthy and losing weight without ED taking over?

Replies

• Kristineevans1
    Kristineevans1 Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    Stop trying to lose weight is my only advice! You need to get out of the binge/ purge cycle you have the rest of your life to worry about weight loss, seek therapy . If not best advise is get into a regular eating pattern don't let yourself get hungry and talk to your friends and family about it. You will probably find you will drop a bit of weight when you stop purging as it only gets rid of about half the cals anyway. Xx