Hello from Edinburgh!

Options
Hey, new to this group. I'm a 20 year old student in Edinburgh.
Can't afford the gym atm (but joining PureGym in Ocean Terminal once pay-day comes, can anyone recommend this place?)

If there's anyone in Edinburgh who wants a walking/dog walking/some form of free exercise pal, Or just want some words of encouragement- Add me!

Also, seems we're back to our usual weather today :(

Replies

• kijoneko
    kijoneko Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    I'm not in Edinburgh, but I visit a lot (my daughter is the same age as you and at uni there). :)
    I do know there's a Park Run at Cramond every Saturday morning which is free, and Arthur's Seat is always a great walk.

I'm not a member of PureGym either but the 24 hour access is quite appealing. I do know a few folks that use the one in Glasgow and have no complaints.
  • jaydelauryn
    Options
    Thank you! I only live about an hours walk away from Crammond Park, so next time I get a saturday morning off, I'll definitely be giving it a go.

Managed to drag my fiancé away from his reptile keeping hobby for an hour or so every other day to walk the cycle path with me, so I'm not so lonely anymore! Just cant wait 'till payday, I love the gym atmosphere. Good to know PureGym seems alright!

Thanks for your reply!
  • nataschalouise
    Options
    I was a member of Pure Gym for over a year, in Quartermile, in Edinburgh. Great people and you can maybe splash out on a PT to give you a great programme (about £40). I also once did the Pure Loser class, was £12 for 6 weeks. You get given a diet and also you get additional classes that you should attend. You meet some great people along the way, and I am pretty sure the "biggest loser" gets free membership for a year. I lost half a stone on the Pure Loser class, so it was worth it.

Just left though because I moved, and the closest one was the Gorgie gym, which I didn't enjoy at all. I just joined with Virgin active today, as its closest to me and also I want to start focusing on swimming.
  • billyboybalbo
    Options
    alright there darling, i go to that gym sometimes, early doors (4am) cause it gets really busy, check oot thomsons at restalrig, fifteen quid a month and nowhere near as busy
  • JenumsC1979
    JenumsC1979 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    hey all, so I'm somewhat older than most of you it would seem lol I use Edinburgh Leisure and hit body combat classes- Ainslie park, Leith victoria, porty, commie pool or failing that the gym - meadowbank or Porty! Aim for 2-3 times a week! like cooking from scratch and making things low calorie but tasty! like my spices!
    Jen