Introduce Yourself

Options

Replies

• beerfoamy
    beerfoamy Posts: 1,521 Member
    Options
    Hi

I'm Vic from UK. On week 6 at the moment, last run tonight.

Have gone from someone who would rather be hit by a bus than run for one, to someone who doesn't mind going out for a jog 3 times a week. Don't think I will ever truly love running but I am aiming at doing a park run once a week after finished C25K and getting a 5km time below 30mins :)

• tinkerbellang83
    tinkerbellang83 Posts: 9,136 Member
    Options
    beerfoamy wrote: »
    Hi

I'm Vic from UK. On week 6 at the moment, last run tonight.

Have gone from someone who would rather be hit by a bus than run for one, to someone who doesn't mind going out for a jog 3 times a week. Don't think I will ever truly love running but I am aiming at doing a park run once a week after finished C25K and getting a 5km time below 30mins :)

This perfectly describes my previous thoughts on running lol
  • eleanorhawkins
    eleanorhawkins Posts: 1,655 Member
    Options
    Hi, I'm Eleanor originally from the UK but live in Spain. I'm halfway through my weight loss journey, wanted to start C25k a few months ago then found due to knee problems and excess weight I couldn't even manage the 1 minute runs. So I made my own programme to prepare myself for this one.....been walking at least 60 minutes every day, then I started very slowly jogging for 30 seconds every five minutes and gradually increased the jogs to seven times 1 minute. Now I'm reducing the walks in between, this week it's 1 minute jog, 3.5 minute walk. I hope to take 30 seconds off the walk parts next week and gradually get to where I can start the C25k again. Feel I will probably have to repeat weeks a lot though, especially once the lengths of the jogs increase.
  • TheGaudyMagpie
    TheGaudyMagpie Posts: 282 Member
    Options
    @eleanorhawkins, that sounds like a good approach. Congratulations on your progress. It looks like you have already come a long way, so I'm sure you will be successful.
  • Steve25k
    Steve25k Posts: 125 Member
    Options
    beerfoamy wrote: »
    Don't think I will ever truly love running but I am aiming at doing a park run once a week after finished C25K and getting a 5km time below 30mins :)

I could have written this.

• Tiikerinraidat
    Tiikerinraidat Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    Hello! I am Riitta and I'm from Finland. Just getting started with C25K! Today will be my W1D2 run.
  • tinkerbellang83
    Options
    Hello! I am Riitta and I'm from Finland. Just getting started with C25K! Today will be my W1D2 run.

Get those trainers on :)
  • sammieb1228
    sammieb1228 Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    Hi! I'm Sam and I'm from North Carolina. I'm about halfway through my weight loss journey and have always wanted to take up running. I bought some really good running shoes and did Day 1 today! Hope to do day 2 tomorrow!
  • rianneonamission
    rianneonamission Posts: 854 Member
    Options
    Hi @sammieb1228! Well done for getting started!

Try to avoid running on consecutive days whilst you are learning to run, it will give your legs a chance to recover. The below link explains it well.

http://www.runnersworld.com/for-beginners-only/when-is-it-okay-to-run-every-day
  • tinkerbellang83
    Options
    Agree with @rianneonamission the program intends for you to have rest days inbetween. Take it easy
  • mydustyroad
    mydustyroad Posts: 14 Member
    edited July 2017
    Options
    Hi! My name is Laura. I'm originally from Chicago but live in Zambia, Africa (although in Florida for the most part when I am in the States) for the past 11 years doing missions work in rural villages. I almost completed the full C25K program in March and did a 5k (running and walking) but then stopped. Just started up again this past week and am starting from the beginning. Excited to get to know others who are on the same journey!

Runkeeper: lstasz
  • magster4isu
    magster4isu Posts: 632 Member
    Options
    Hello. I'm Maggie. I live in Iowa. I am in the middle of week 5. I have been surprised that I made it this far. I am very slow, but proud of my progress.
  • MrsLannister
    MrsLannister Posts: 347 Member
    Options
    I'm interested in trail running and long distance running. I figured this was a good place to start. I just finished week 5 with the active.com app. I am training on a trail that has a somewhat steep (to me) climb for the first half, but then I get to turn around and go back down for the last half.

I repeated the first two workouts, because I was trying to train on a trail that was downhill at the beginning and then I'd have to climb at the end, and that didn't work out at all. Since switching trails, I haven't had to repeat any days, yet.
  • alc649
    alc649 Posts: 467 Member
    Options
    Hello I'm Alex. I'm from Illinois, and am 28 years old. I've always been overweight and not liked exercise. But I think I've got the running bug, because it's all I think about now! I'm currently taking a break because i'm having some knee pain..and it's so so so hard not to run. Keeping up with some cross training this week, and will start week 7 of c25k next week. I'm planning on running a 5k turkey run in November, and i want to be able to run the whole thing. Right now I'm running like a 15:23 mile. I'm doing most of my running on a treadmill right now but I did go outside last week for the first time and was able to run a little over a mile without stopping. It's a lot harder outside than on the treadmill! So i'll probably start incorporating outside runs more soon. Soo since im not running this week, I want to talk about running because it's alllll i think about. lol I'm crazy. I can't wait till I can run longer distances!
  • angiekje
    angiekje Posts: 4 Member
    edited February 2018
    Options
    Hi, I am Angie from Belgium :) been running with c25k for a while now... actually in week 8 :) so I'll be running 5k in a week B)

I also use runtastic... username angiekje
  • Kalex1975
    Kalex1975 Posts: 427 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone, Karsten here, from Alexandria, VA, just south of Washington, DC.

I am a big walker, usually walking around 8 miles several times a week. However, I am not a fan of how long those walks take and the amount of calories that are burned. I am hoping to eventually jog those miles in order to reduce the time and double the calories burned. That is when I saw multiple comments in these forums about C25K and decided to give it a try. I am in week 3 at the moment and so far am loving it!

You can find me on MapMy/Walk/Run/Ride/Fitness (search for me using my email "kalex1975gmail.com"). Would love to have more friends on that app for some accountability.
  • eleanorhawkins
    eleanorhawkins Posts: 1,655 Member
    Options
    Weclome Kasten, be careful, it's addictive!
  • hpopik1
    hpopik1 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Hi my name is Hank from Illinois, I been on this app 6 months and lost 40 pounds and ready to start phase 2 a 5K

Starting this Saturday for my first run been walking 5 to 6 miles 4 to 5 times a week, my goal a 5K by the end of the year

We will see how I do
  • hpopik1
    hpopik1 Posts: 8 Member
    edited July 2018
    Options
    I have downloaded the c25k app from zenlabs has anyone used this one and does it work
  • tinkerbellang83
    Options
    hpopik1 wrote: »
    I have downloaded the c25k app from zenlabs has anyone used this one and does it work

Yes that's one of the most popular ones